DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What size MicroSD card to use for MPP?

What size MicroSD card should I get?

• Total voters
64 mb - plenty
I'd agree, with three batteries it's hard to fill up a 32GB in a day and you ought to be downloading (then format in camera) at every opportunity.
I have two 32GB but have only needed the second one once or twice when main one has been forgotten in card reader at home.
While Sandisk are good they are also the most faked, I have generally gone for Toshiba cards and had no problem.

I'd just get another 16GB, they are cheap. With the one that came w/ the drone you'll have 2. Are you going to ever get into a point where you fill both up for 32GB of files before you get back to a PC to unload them? If so go bigger, if not then just go cheap and call it a day. The vast majority of us would not need that much.
However, occasionally I do.

I’ve gone on vacation a couple of times this year and shot a lot of video with my Mavic. My primary editing computer is a desktop, and I didn’t lug my laptop with me. I did come close to filling a 64GB card on those trips.

While Sandisk are good they are also the most faked, I have generally gone for Toshiba cards and had no problem.

Toshiba owns and manufactures SanDisk cards, by the way.

Last edited:
I've always used the 64GB Sandisk Extreme and 64GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC Cards with up to 90 mb/s write speed and 312 mb/s read speed. Anything above 32GB is considered extra capacity nowadays. This was in my old Phantom 3 Pro. They recommend to use a UHS Class 3 card for recording 4K videos as it has much higher reading and writing speeds. It is the same card they use in the new GoPro Hero 6 camera and meant for 4K UHD and full HD. I believe the stock card they place in the drone is also Sandisk. I heard some people tried using Samsung and Lexar cards and they would get the corrupted file errors. And 64 MB jeez I imagine that's like good for 16 pictures lol considering 4mb is the size of a picture taken on the mavic haha!

Last edited:
Reactions: brad_rector
My first digital camera came with a 16mb card, you could get 4 shots at highest resolution.
After a few months I upgraded to a *massive* 64mb and it cost about £25.
It was quite concerning with this new huge capacity card that the 10GB computer drive would fill up too quickly:)

Reactions: RPSMavicPlatinum
I ended up buying a 64GB Samsung Evo Select basically because of the high read and write speeds. It was $22.99 from Amazon.

I could have bought the 128GB but as I've been reading more comments I'll never need a 128GB with 3 battery flights.

I was on holiday in the UK a couple of years ago and recorded with a Sony Action cam with a 64 card. Because it held so much I was slack with transferring files. Guess what? I lost the action cam with 3 weeks of touring footage. If I had a smaller capacity card would have uploaded more often and not lost so much. Sometimes smaller is better and yes use a card to suit 4G.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31