DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What software can handle 10 Bit Cinelike Footage?

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi

I have been using Powerdirector for 6 years now on my 3 previous DJI Drones.
I just got the Mini 3 Pro and PG17 adds a purple tinge and constantly flickers the D-Cinelike footage.
I am assuming it can't handle 10 Bit footage.
I tried PD365 trial and it doesn't even import those files as says they are unsupported.
I also tried the free version of DaVinci Resolve and the same thing.

So any way to either fix PD or can you guys recommend an alternative Windows Software?

Thanks

I too have been using PD for several years and as you found out, it does not support that 10 bit footage and I have the latest version. However, I also use Davinci Resolve Studio (the paid version), and it does support that footage, but if you're looking for free ware to do it, I am not sure there is anything out there.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Bonjour
Je viens d'essayer avec un fichier 4K 25 IS en D. Cinelike lecture parfaite avec PD 365 désolé pour vous à la maison ça marche

Does this help? Not tested myself but I do occasionally use this free utility which has some great features and some glaring flaws…

PowerDirector365 works with the D-Cinelike footage if H.265 is used as the coding format in the drone's camera settings, I just filmed a short clip in D-Cinelike H.264 and H.265, the H.264 wouldn't import into PD.
Thanks for this!!! I have some good news related:
The same is true with PowerDirector mobile on Android. It supports 10-bit Cinelike H.265!!!

I do most of my editing on the mobile edition, as most production is fun stuff.

Like the Big Brother desktop edition, it barfs on 10-bit h.264.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi