DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What state should Mavic Air be in when connected to PC?

ebrandon

Reactions
When I connect to the Mavic's USB-C port to transfer images & video, I place it on my desk and turn it on.

Do I have to remove the gimbal lock & cover first to avoid damaging the gimbal? Will the gimbal "strain" against the gimbal lock?

Do I have to extend the legs first to avoid damaging the motors? Will the motors "strain" with the props pressed up against the body of the drone?

When I connect to the Mavic's USB-C port to transfer images & video, I place it on my desk and turn it on.

Do I have to remove the gimbal lock & cover first to avoid damaging the gimbal? Will the gimbal "strain" against the gimbal lock?

Do I have to extend the legs first to avoid damaging the motors? Will the motors "strain" with the props pressed up against the body of the drone?

I have also been wondering this, previously i’ve been using a usb-c card reader, however taking the sd cad out isn’t the easiest task & when using the internal I’ve been connecting directly via usb-c, however having up unfold legs/remove gimble cover every time isn’t ideal either. I did try it once with the drone still folded & I felt it may have been straining the motors/props

I would much rather take the card out, but you should remove the gimbal clamp for sure, although missing the odd time won't hurt as it knows it is obstructed and *should* not try to push against it.
Can't see the motors being bothered as they only try to twitch?
If you start it while folded the app will show compass errors though, and it's more stable opened out.
Some would say never to start it in a confined space without removing props just in case it accidentally fires up.
It's better to take the card out ...

Yep but have you tried removing the card from the air? Its possible!
On the mavic pro it was much easier but now the space is so tiny and the cover gets on the way so very difficult!

Will the gimbal "strain" against the gimbal lock?
Yes. Never power on the Mavic Air (or any DJI drone) with the gimbal lock attached.

Will the motors "strain" with the props pressed up against the body of the drone?
No (as long as you don't start the motors).

I would think you'd want to be in the state you live in. For example, I'll connect mine here in Alabama. :D:Do_Oo_O

Yep but have you tried removing the card from the air? Its possible!
On the mavic pro it was much easier but now the space is so tiny and the cover gets on the way so very difficult!
I haven't done this yet but...... I've seen on a video somewhere that a small piece of scotch tape was used on the card itself. The tape stuck out just enough to remove the card easily. Ray

Live in Methuen, but work in Lowell. Fly in each location as much as I can. Just got the Mavic Air a few weeks ago.

im always amazed that people fly a 1k drone with so little knowledge of it
remove clamp before turn on
open legs to avoid legs messing with compasses

When I connect to the Mavic's USB-C port to transfer images & video....
I don't think I've done this on any of my aircraft. Just remove the microSD card and plug it into a USB adapter, and put an empty card in its place in the A/C. You can do that with the gimbal cover on, legs folded, and without a battery. It's certainly not more difficult than going through the steps to get it set up via the USB-C port.

Reactions: Cyril_G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun