DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablet or phone do you use for your Mavic Pro

Ravenshield

Reactions
Hey all,

I was just wondering what everyone was using for their Mavic Pro when flying. What kind of phone or tablet do you use?

I have tried two android devices (Pixel XL and S7 Plus), however, I would occasionally lose signal to the app mid flight. This is quite scary as I have no idea what the drone is doing and am forced to restart the DJI app. I switched over to a dedicated iPhone 6 and since then I have never had any problems, but I am missing the bigger screens of the other 2.

I keep a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.

I use a Pixel XL and at first occasionally lost connection, but more recently after an update or something it's been doing fine.

My favorite thing about the Pixel XL is how all my live feeds are stored from the drone directly in well organized folders saved to the cloud

I am using the ipad mini 4 BUT the mini don't have hdmi output sooo I am looking for android tablet too

Reactions: Antero
I use a Pixel XL and at first occasionally lost connection, but more recently after an update or something it's been doing fine.

My favorite thing about the Pixel XL is how all my live feeds are stored from the drone directly in well organized folders saved to the cloud

from the drone? you mean controller?

I liked this on the Android. Does yours also pull the audio from the phone itself in the clips? lol

The phone or controller would disconnect from the drone and it would initiate RTH

I meant your live feed storing I would assume you take the video off the controller and not from the drone itself?

Reactions: waddellw
Ipad Mini 2 with Cellular for the GPS and NVidia Shield for the HDMI output and fast processor.

that's what I wanted to do but the price of NVidia Shield is high now cause they don't make it any more :(

I don't think mine includes any audio in the videos, that'd be cool though!

the ipad screen recording does have an option to record audio from mic. of course this is the video that's recorded on the tablet not the drone video

Reactions: waddellw
They Rock! Not selling mine! :)

I know :( I should of bought one last year!! **** it! but I was busy with land,moving, etc :(

Reactions: Aerial West
Galaxy S7, never had a problem with it, I tried the Crystalsky but it was very unreliable, kept disconnecting from the MPP at least one every flight session, thought it was the usb cable but no, the last time I used it even had a mind of its own, it kept opening settings menus and wouldn't let me turn it off, I went back to my S7 and never looked back.

iPhone 8+ I just ran a full battery over the weekend with it. No problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix