DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What the.... ????

Busy

Reactions
So, terrible lag today on the mavic pro after a great experience last time it was flown. Here are the facts.

1) The used S5 I bought to work with this thing has no sim, and was not connected to wifi even before the last flight.

2) The previous flight a while back worked just fine.

3) When I fired it up today the app started by noticing a "firmware mismatch" between the drone and rc. Hmmm.... it was fine last time, and the app has not been connected to the web.

4) The rc signal strength icon on the rc screen showed full bars. The rc signal strength icon on the app showed zero bars.

The lag was TERRIBLE. I mean, it was freezing up solid. Any ideas!?

I'd start by connecting to the internet with the RC connected and see if you need to update firmware. If not, reinstall DJI Go4

Reactions: Former Member
Are you using the same cable and port on the remote as you did last time? (I seem to have better luck with the USB port under the remote to connect the phone)

Same cable I have always used. No trouble before. Am I crazy, or does it seem a little bit strange that the app is finding firmware mismatches!? Last round of updates had everything great and matched. Firmware doesn't just change itself.

Oh! And something else I forgot to mention! The app also told me "new safe fly data" (or whatever it's called) is available. How would it know!? When I say this phone has not been online since before the last flight, I am not confused about that. How does this happen?

I don't have a wifi network. Tether it to my phone. Only when enabled, and wifi is turned off on the device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi