DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to buy?

leonmac

Reactions
Hi peeps.First post, so go easy.

I’m new to drone flying, I’ve had a Tello for a few months (couple of crashes!).
I’d like to upgrade to something more substantial, and I’ve been looking at the MA for some time.
I’m based in the UK if this makes a difference.
So I can get a new MA fly more combo for £815. Second hand on eBay, they seem to be going for £650 ish.
Or should I be looking at something else??? Mavic pro?

I’d appreciate your views and experience.

I really am a noob at all this, so I’m looking for ease of use.

Cheers Leon.

Not sure about the MA. I'm sure that's a fine choice, however, I recently purchased a Mavic Pro and I couldn't be any happier. I just (yesterday) added the Dji Goggles and it's an amazingly insane combination.
Im, obviously recommending the Mp as I think you have an upgraded controller with screen and I think you can go out a ton further than the MA. And I think the MA cannot be folded up like the MP.
But whatever, that's just my $. 02. The MA is a fine device. Personally I'd Google like cray cray and ask these peeps around here if they'll wake up and respond Lol

What are you going to use it for? The Mavic Pro 2 is the far superior device.

Yeah I get that....
But I’m not sure I want to spend that amount of money, when I have very little flying experience!!!

I’d like to take some pics and film etc, but again I’m no expert.

I have all the Mavics, I would recommend the Mavic Pro over the Mavic Air. The extra flight time of the Pro is a huge plus, the transmission system on the Pro is better than the air too.

I personally went Mavic Pro over the Mavic Air for flight time. I have only had it a couple months (I know, should have waited for the 2) but couldn’t pass up the deal on Prime Day. I do believe the Pro handles wind a little better than the Air does as well if that makes a difference to you.

Yeah I get that....
But I’m not sure I want to spend that amount of money, when I have very little flying experience!!!

I’d like to take some pics and film etc, but again I’m no expert.

I had very little flying experience when I got my Mavic Pro...but it has a training mode that won't let you fly higher 30 meters, I think, and won't let you fly any farther than a 30 meter circle around you. Oh and it softens all the controls and flies very slow....this is the one to get imho.

Reactions: leonmac
MP is half the price of the M2 Pro. Less stress while you're learning, and I find it nice when you do eventually do upgrade to the "best" Like giving a teenager a BMW. If he starts out driving a Chrysler, he will appreciate his next car even more, and have a starting frame of reference. No offense to those that drive Chrysler's, since 50% of the population is dumber than average.

God bless,

Kevin

p.s. I should confess that I wrecked my first MP while flying like a douche in sport mode, after only an hour on the controls......

Everyone is currently offloading their MPs to buy the MP2. Now is a perfect time to buy. I've seen as low as $300 on Ebay and Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist.

Reactions: leonmac and ssvdh66
I also just bought a second hand mavic pro, advantage was all the kit you can get with a good deal, case extra battery’s etc. The mavic air is a nice bird but what put me off was no occusync but wifi (enhanced) and less flighttime.

Hi peeps.First post, so go easy.

I’m new to drone flying, I’ve had a Tello for a few months (couple of crashes!).
I’d like to upgrade to something more substantial, and I’ve been looking at the MA for some time.
I’m based in the UK if this makes a difference.
So I can get a new MA fly more combo for £815. Second hand on eBay, they seem to be going for £650 ish.
Or should I be looking at something else??? Mavic pro?

I’d appreciate your views and experience.

I really am a noob at all this, so I’m looking for ease of use.

Cheers Leon.
Get the Autel Evo. Best features for your money right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness