DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do in case of a crash. My experience.

Merrill277

Reactions
I have an MA2 and for less than a year. I flew sideways into a cliff near Moab Utah and later used "find my drone", a really nice feature to find it. A GPS map on it, led me right to it. BTW, used DJI find my drone and do not switch to Google Maps, it doesn't work so well in this application. The camera and gimbal were busted as were the camera wires, an two legs and I tried fixing it myself but the tiny parts and wiring are ridiculous to work with and I dare say, you would be lucky to perform this kind of repair yourself. I priced the repair by calling the first DJI repair that came up online. They had an 800 number. DJI service centers do not. They quoted me $366 to repair. I decided instead to go to the DJI web side, and use a DJI work order. The system printed up a shipping label to the DJI repair facility in Grapevine Texas. They completed the repair by simply replacing the drone excluding the battery and only charged me $137 including shipping. It came with a new drone, gimbal and camera. Took about a week total.
I then paired it up with my controller and did all the calibrations twice. Just like new now.
If you crash your drone, unless its something really simple, my suggestion is just do that, don't wait, get a shipping label as per above and send it in. It will save you a lot of time and frustration, and in my opinion, a quite reasonable fee to repair. Keep in mind, I cannot speak for how long you have had your drone, or exactly what they can do for you, but I can honestly say I was very pleased with their service center.

Agreed, I have twice sent controllers back to DJI for repair and each time received a like-new controller and was charged just the original cost to repair.

My guess is that that they figure it's easier to send you a refurbished unit and then fix the one you sent later. They probably just open up all the units that came in for repair then swap components to get working units which would be easier than troubleshoot each unit individually.

thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato