DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do when Mavic Air disconnects

ZChalk

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Air (new to drones) and I was flying it for the fifth time. Today I experienced my first disconnect and the drone was 50 feet away from me in the air. I wasn't sure what to do to reconnect... it just hovered there but it is set to RTH if it is disconnected. I walked to it... so I knew where it would land (clear line-of-sight) if the battery died. I kept reloading the app and repositioning myself but the app said it would not connect.

Should I reboot the controller as a last resort or is that not a good thing? In the end I was able to gain control oddly but the app said it was disconnected. I landed it and reboot everything and all was good.

The other thing I've noticed is the foward sensor stops working at a certain altitude (there is a prompt)? Is that normal?

First of all - Welcome at MavicPilots!

To your questions:
We should know what kind of disconnect you had.
Was it between the remote controller (RC) and aircraft (AC)? Were you still able to control the AC with the sticks?
Or have you lost the connectivity between the device (phone/tablet) and the RC?
This is indicated in the GO4 app in top left corner as 'disconnected' - try reloading the GO 4 app.
If you receive this error more often, change the USB cable between RC and device to a high quality one.

If you have lost the link between RC and AC it is indicated in GO4 as 'AIRCRAFT disconnected'.
In the later case, try to adjust the antennas to regain link, or adjust your position to reestablish connection.
After 3 seconds of loss of link the AC will RTH according to the manual.

I hope, this explanation will help you.

Regards,
// K.

First of all - Welcome at MavicPilots!

To your questions:
We should know what kind of disconnect you had.
Was it between the remote controller (RC) and aircraft (AC)? Were you still able to control the AC with the sticks?
Or have you lost the connectivity between the device (phone/tablet) and the RC?
This is indicated in the GO4 app in top left corner as 'disconnected' - try reloading the GO 4 app.
If you receive this error more often, change the USB cable between RC and device to a high quality one.

If you have lost the link between RC and AC it is indicated in GO4 as 'AIRCRAFT disconnected'.
In the later case, try to adjust the antennas to regain link, or adjust your position to reestablish connection.
After 3 seconds of loss of link the AC will RTH according to the manual.

I hope, this explanation will help you.

Regards,
// K.

I was 10 feet away from mine and 15 feet in the air. My remote didn’t work and the app said disconnected. What do you do then?

I need a support to find out why my Mavic Air doesn't want to connect to Huawei MediaPad T3 10? The RC and Air is connected (I could fly) and "Aircraft disconnected" message appears.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro