DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tool do I need to measure what watt controller is giving.

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Can someone please point me in the right direction to the tool that measures the wattage my controller is putting out thanks
Gavin UK.

Any particular reason?

The equipment is expensive and the methods not trivial (you'd need to take your controller apart etc...)

Any particular reason?

The equipment is expensive and the methods not trivial (you'd need to take your controller apart etc...)
What's the best way to find out if you are in fcc and if the wattage your controller is putting out. Just so I definitely know I'm not breaking laws in my country using these mod app's that change the controller perimeter configuration.

You use the correct app that you know does the right thing... not hard. Or you use stock and then there's no question...

What's the best way to find out if you are in fcc and if the wattage your controller is putting out. Just so I definitely know I'm not breaking laws in my country using these mod app's that change the controller perimeter configuration.
If you're not flying in the USA, you’ll be in CE mode (unless you do something to make it do otherwise). It’s easy to check that you’re in CE - you’ll have 13 channels in the 2.8 band, if you’ve only got 11.... you’re in FCC

Reactions: GavieboyDji
You use the correct app that you know does the right thing... not hard. Or you use stock and then there's no question...
Yes I know about the 11 channels your in fcc mode. It was to find out what some of these mod app and tts app I think it is that I've being using has it set up in because there's different power configuration files that can be used and nowhere do they mention what file they use so for all I know I could be flying about in fcc mode 1.5 watt power that's all.

Yes I know about the 11 channels your in fcc mode. It was to find out what some of these mod app and tts app I think it is that I've being using has it set up in because there's different power configuration files that can be used and nowhere do they mention what file they use so for all I know I could be flying about in fcc mode 1.5 watt power that's all.
You type this in a rush???

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Read his post - he does NOT want to be in FCC mode and wants to chech that he isn't.

Read his post - he does NOT want to be in FCC mode and wants to chech that he isn't.

Ok let me reword it. If he's modding in such a way as to go outside the preset CE parameters then he's going to be "breaking the law" isn't he, otherwise what's the point of the mods? I may genuinely be missing a useful and perfectly legal mod here, hence the question.

He might be using a modded app only for the "kill connections to DJI servers" kind of patches, but the apps he found online instead of patching himself may (very likely) also include the FCC patches that he doesn't want - and he wants to check that.

Aka as I said in my first post - what he's asking about is a complex / convoluted / unreliable way of knowing something that he could know easily if he did the right thing of patching the app himself only with what he actually wants.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The authorities there have the equipment to see if he is in compliance? I doubt it.
Dont worry about it, you are just a man with a remote control toy to most observers.

Reactions: Thwyllo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU