DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

I'm not. I've tried it on an ipad 2 and an ipad mini 2. DJI GO app will not load on either; same error. This is a relatively new change as I actually got it to install on the ipad 2 a few weeks ago, but now it won't update. It just says this device isn't supported

I'm looking at either finding a cheap android tablet or an ipad mini 3 or 4 to use.. would be much better to fly with than a phone screen

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Having come from using a tablet exclusively, I was dreading using a tiny iPhone 6. But I'm amazed about how usable it is. Don't forget, most highish end phones have got screens that are optmised for outdoor use, whereas most tablet screens are designed to be used indoors. There is a massive difference with glare....At least that's what I'm finding.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Good to know. I've been using an iPhone 6s plus so far. Even that could stand to be a little brighter, so sounds like a tablet may not be the answer

Yup, it's a constant battle with bright daylight! There'll be custom sunshades on the market before too long!

I can say that I used iPad Air2 and Shield for flying my Phantom. I thought I would hate using my iPhone 6.. I was pleasantly surprised by the iPhone 6.. the video from the Mavic is 1080.. so it is clearer. It hasn't been a problem for me.

Found this on youtube .... not mine but i thought it was a good to know ...

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Looks like you found the trick. All I did was to (with a small craft knife) scrape way a minute piece of where the metal bar hits the stop. Now my iPad mini 4 fits [emoji33]

Can we have a photo of it connected to the RC please ?
So i know these are not the best pics but her it is. Kindle hdx 8.9" screen that just barely fits. Keep in mind if you want to do this you need to install an apk file manually or root the kindle to go to google play apps.

Attachments

• _DSC9330.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 28
  • _DSC9329.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 30
sorry those pics were not the lightened ones. These will give you a better view

Attachments

• _DSC9329.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
  • _DSC9330.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Samsung Tab S2 does fit the controller and appears to be operating properly with the Mavic Pro. Here's what it looks like in the holder.

Jerry

MavicPro-S2.JPG

What's the oldest iPad that will work? ipad mini 2 says device not supported when I try to download the app. This is a fairly recent change..
The latest version of the DJI GO app in the app store is 3.1.0, released on Nov 14. In the compatibility section it distinctly says "Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with ... iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular...."
Have you tried downloading again? and were you on Wi-Fi when you tried, as the app is 178MB?

Last edited:
The latest version of the DJI GO app in the app store is 3.1.0, released on Nov 14. In the compatibility section it distinctly says "Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with ... iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular...."
Have you tried downloading again? and were you on Wi-Fi when you tried, as the app is 178MB?
I tried it again a minute ago and got the same message. Did a little more searching and found out I actually have an original iPad mini, not a mini 2.. so that's the problem I believe

I tried it again a minute ago and got the same message. Did a little more searching and found out I actually have an original iPad mini, not a mini 2.. so that's the problem I believe

Thanks for reporting back. I was just on the verge of buying a used iPad mini 2 from a friend for $100 when I read your post. So I will go ahead with the purchase (verifying it indeed IS a mini 2 of course)

I'm sort of glad that was the issue.. because now I can buy an iPad mini 2 for fairly cheap instead of having to go to a 3 or 4

Actually since I already have these products, I will either be using an iPhone 8+ or 10.5” iPad Pro.

I will be using my CS 5.5 ....

Once it is supported

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11