DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was dji thinking!?

Does anyone know why DJI have multiple apps?
Here’s the analogy as I see it.
You can only put 10 pounds of taters in a ten pound box.
If you have 18 pounds(aka more than ten different DJI flying platforms),
you will need more than one box.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I waited six years looking at drones from the Fimi x8 se to Zino2 and earlier. I didn't want to spend $800 for my first drone although I have flown RC for years. Once the MA2 was announced with its specs I was very interested. I bought mine after reviewing YouTube and forums on the MA2 and although there is room for some improvements I do not regret my purchase. I have enjoyed flying this drone from day one. Retired Engineer.

Totally agree! I love flying my Mini, but the MA2 is different altogether. As aircraft go, I really can't fault it, the fly app could be way better. It's a shame really, as it does somewhat take the shine off flying it!

i agree on these points and the 100+ likes that this posting has received tells me that there are many others who experience the same difficulties. is there a way for us to communicate these issues with DJI in hopes that they can make an update to resolve?

They dont care. You’ve bought your drone or drones and they’ve made their money. That’s what they are all about.

Here’s the analogy as I see it.
You can only put 10 pounds of taters in a ten pound box.
If you have 18 pounds(aka more than ten different DJI flying platforms),
you will need more than one box.

They're moving to 64 bit architecture. I almost guarantee the Mavic 3 will use the Fly app whenever it comes out. I for one find it ok, but much prefer the older Go 4 app. I wish they would bring over the colored battery/flight length bar.

I'm hoping they bring improvements to Fly this summer.

Reactions: Capt KO
Whatever ends up on “the fly” will not be part of my little realm.
One of the reasons I don’t run the mini very much.

The thing that astounds me is that the Mini's used this piece of garbage app the whole time so it's not like it's new. It's just new to us that came from a different drone or are new to drones. So if they haven't fixed something so basic as the battery indicator by now they're not going to.

The thing that astounds me is that the Mini's used this piece of garbage app the whole time so it's not like it's new. It's just new to us that came from a different drone or are new to drones. So if they haven't fixed something so basic as the battery indicator by now they're not going to.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I can't see them not making improvements to the app if they're going to use it to run their flagship drones...

Talking to a rock? NO. But I have been married for 46 years. Does that count?
You quote me like i was addressing you but wasn't. Talking to DJI is like talking to a rock .
Congrats on your long marriage and if she is hard headed i guess you could say yes it counts.
I couldn't make it that long with my first so i trade down to a younger model.
Might account for all the stints i have and the triple bypass.;)

since the fly app was upgraded for the mA2and improved for the ipad, my icons at the top and bottom are now visible, as the black strips top and bottom of the screen are a perfect contrast to the white ,i now have no trouble reading them

I agree with you all: it is not only a matter of being 20 yrs old, it's also a matter of contrast .... Herebelow a possible solution ..... All the best !!!!!
Satisfactory and an easy software fix. ?
Like it. Assume you did that in edit. Nice hack otherwise.

I’ve been flying for several years with the GO4 app. No issues. I purchased the MA2 and am now using the FLY app. The font is so small, I can’t even read how much battery I have left. There is no contrast to help see any of the writing. What in the world is the reasoning behind this? It’s hard enough trying to see the screen with the bright sun. It’s horrible!
Dji, give us an update and allow us the ability to change the contrast and font size!
What was DJI thinking?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760