DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was your drone before the Mini 2?

Quite a few self built FPV drones mostly 250 and 180. This is my first "camera drone".

I'm really liking it but while less stable I trust my FPV drones more not to do a stupid thing.

For one I am continuously providing input and corrections so it's easy to get into control regardless of orientation. With mini i can stop constantly adjusting all axis and focus on 1 or 2 that are needed and I sometimes do the wrong input when i get back to full control.

Also weird behaviour near no fly zones even with unlock.

But it is pretty stable. Quite capable drone. Obviously I miss the performance of my drones but it's not that big of a slouch. And it is much more quiet than my high KV flying bricks ;] So i can fly about without attracting unnecessary attention.

Love the solid connection even if input is a bit laggy.

Overall it's a shift in perspective for me but I really like it for what it does.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Mavic Air 2 was first drone. Have flown it for about 8 months and am completely hooked. I just added the Mini 2 for hiking, backpacking and bikepacking trips. The smaller size and USB charging make it an ideal “field drone” for me.

Howard

I just recently bought the DJI Mini 2 despire owning the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air 2 (my latest purchase before the Mini 2, actually). I also HAD the Autel Evo 2 which I have already returned (different story). Anyway, what was the last drone that you bought before the Mini 2 and do you consider it as an upgrade or just an alternative UAV?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I had a DJI/RYZE TELLO for my first DJI drone just to get my feet wet and I really did like that little bad dude for what it was and then I ended up selling it but before I did I ended up with buying a DJI SPARK and I finally sold the DJI/RYZE TELLO and I still have my DJI SPARK and I also had a DJI MAVIC AIR 1 in which I got from my DAD and I kept it for a while and ended up giving it back to my DAD after a while and he still has it and he also has a DJI MINI 2 which he flies more than the MAVIC AIR 1 and I still have my DJI SPARK but pretty much since I got my DJI MINI 2 I just don't mess with it cuz my MINI 2 has absolutely ruined me with all of these 25-27 minute flight times compared to if you are lucky to get a 10-12 minute flight out of the SPARK and yes I was running it in sport mode alot with both of them but all in all I am absolutely going to say that it is without a doubt A UPGRADE!!! GOD BLESS YOU GUYS✝️ AND YOU ALL ON HERE ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WHAT A GREAT FORUM SINCERELY CLAY B.

My first was a Pro Vivitar. I got it from Walmart, lol!

Attachments

• 20210218_104352.jpg
    20210218_104352.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210218_104413.jpg
    20210218_104413.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads