DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was your drone before the Mini 2?

L_THomas

Reactions
I just recently bought the DJI Mini 2 despire owning the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air 2 (my latest purchase before the Mini 2, actually). I also HAD the Autel Evo 2 which I have already returned (different story). Anyway, what was the last drone that you bought before the Mini 2 and do you consider it as an upgrade or just an alternative UAV?

I just recently bought the DJI Mini 2 despire owning the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air 2 (my latest purchase before the Mini 2, actually). I also HAD the Autel Evo 2 which I have already returned (different story). Anyway, what was the last drone that you bought before the Mini 2 and do you consider it as an upgrade or just an alternative UAV?
Yuneec Typhoon H 480 Hexacopter. Bought as an alternative with far better flighttime, spare availabilty and portability. Much easier to upgrade! DJI is also represented in Sweden which is very important as I work as photographer.

Last edited:
We've been using a Phantom 4 Pro Plus - and still are. It's a great drone. We added the Mini 2 because of it's extremely small size and weight, combined with exemptions from many of the regulations, worldwide. We only fly/film/shoot for work.

The Mini 2 is certainly not an upgrade to the P4P+, but it is still just above the line of "acceptable" in terms of its camera output. And it's just as easy to fly as the P4P+. The Mini 2 is a great tool, once you know how to get the best out of it.

P4P as well

I had the Turd Hubsan Zino 2 Plus that I got for Christmas. After that fiasco I will never own anything but DJI.

I had a parrot bebop 2. Mini 2 is definitely an upgrade however the bebop 2 was a great drone and had an excellent flight plan app.

F450 (I already have it) - P3P - Mavic Pro - Mini 2

Portability IMHO is the most interesting aspect of Mini 2, without losing many important features of larger drones.

For the Italian rules (now adapted to the European ones) the possibility of flying in the city without problems and without a license is certainly a significant added value.

First a Mavic Pro, then a Mavic Air. My main criteria being that the drone is small and can be carried anywhere. And now that the Mini 2 has mostly the same features like the Air, it was a no brainer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure