DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would stop you buying the Mavic 3?

Like a few people, I'm in the position where I'm wondering whether to buy the Mavic 2 Pro, now that it's generously discounted, or hang on and wait for the Mavic 3.

There's been a lot of speculation about the goodies that the Mavic 3 might have, and I'm not going to add to that (you'll be relieved to hear!) However, I'd be very interested to hear about any new features the Mavic 3 might have that would be a 'deal breaker' for would- be buyers. Any thoughts?
Or alternatively look at what Autel has to offer next week.

Reactions: Shon
I was waiting for get the Mavic 3 now in January and I decided to buy the Mavic 2 now for the price, is a proved drone. I will get the 3 eventually after all patches and failure are correct. Maybe 8 months after released.
I admire your restraint, Most people would then be worried about whether or not they should wait for the Mavic 4

The Mavic 4 will likely have even more sophisticated "goodies" than the Mavic 3. If there is a Mavic 3. So... I wouldn't wait for the Mavic 3...I'd wait for the Mavic 4. Although...the Mavic 5 will likely be even cooler than the 4...so.....maybe better to wait for the Mavic 5.;)
. Personally I am waiting for the Mavic 8.

Reactions: Shon and Peio64270
I Love Both My Pro 2, And Zoom 2, Its Already is A WONDERFUL Craft To Fly. No Intention Of Buying The Next Gen, I Have Smart Controllers For Both My Crafts. Ive Had Them Both Now For 6 Months, Bought Them Both Just A Week Apart, I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE SINGLE CRASH NOR ISSUE. I’m Completely Satisfied. They ALREADY Have EVERYTHING I Want. These Are Wonderful And Gorgeous Flying Machines ! Happy Flights All !

I'm with you Gilbert. For those of you who feel the need (and have the money) to ride technology's cutting edge, more power to you. I however am excited to live in the moment and enjoy what we have now compared to 5 or 10 years ago. My MP2 does everything I need it to do and more.

Reactions: old man mavic
For me, the answer to the question is “I don’t think that the Mavic 3 will represent a rewarding component of RC flying unless you’re willing to let your concept of that be determined by a company that has decided to collaborate with and kowtow to an out-of-control US governmental agency.”
Irony is DJI will most likely get on the US entity list like Huawei anyway, they can kowtow but in the end they will end up like the natives americans

For me would be customer service. I own a mavic 2 zoom. My first and my last DJI Product. Controller charging port quit working and DJI wouldn’t fix it. Wanted me to by another. Communication via desk top chat & phone sucks.

For me would be customer service. I own a mavic 2 zoom. My first and my last DJI Product. Controller charging port quit working and DJI wouldn’t fix it. Wanted me to by another. Communication via desk top chat & phone sucks.
Yeah and still using the old style usb is pure lazyness and greedy on their part ; its super inconvenient now. I din't even carry the old usb cables around anymore, everything is usb c
there is no excuse in 2019/2020

2 months ago I bought a used Parrot Anafi (10 flights) with 3 batteries, carrying case, filters and other accessories. It makes photos and videos at least as good as those from my Mavic 1 and my two P3P. The app is excellent as is the video feed and the flight time (23 minutes in normal conditions, verified). No NFZ, no limits. I paid 450 Euros. So, I would maybe buy a used Mavic2P combo when its price will be lower than 800 Euros.

Reactions: old man mavic
Like a few people, I'm in the position where I'm wondering whether to buy the Mavic 2 Pro, now that it's generously discounted, or hang on and wait for the Mavic 3.

There's been a lot of speculation about the goodies that the Mavic 3 might have, and I'm not going to add to that (you'll be relieved to hear!) However, I'd be very interested to hear about any new features the Mavic 3 might have that would be a 'deal breaker' for would- be buyers. Any thoughts?
For me it is easy. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and an Inspire 2. I didn’t go for the Mavic 2 Pro as I considered it was rushed to launch and had a number of failings/shortcoming, some of which were fixed in firmware updates and some not. I would assume a Mavic 3 would address those deficiencies that still exist in the Mavic 2 plus add ADS-B. Having said that the new Autel looks very compelling and it have a very big plus point - it is not DJI.

I’d be annoyed if I couldn’t override the software if I wanted to (no fly zones etc.). Also if it couldn’t be switched by choice from CE to FCC mode... I have a bit of a ‘preppier’ attitude towards my belongings: I have no intention of breaking the law under my current non-repressive government... but if things changed, or the CCP wanted to ground all private DJI drones in an area for their benefit...

Reactions: Peio64270
I’d be annoyed if I couldn’t override the software if I wanted to (no fly zones etc.). Also if it couldn’t be switched by choice from CE to FCC mode... I have a bit of a ‘preppier’ attitude towards my belongings: I have no intention of breaking the law under my current non-repressive government... but if things changed, or the CCP wanted to ground all private DJI drones in an area for their benefit...

1) US puts DJI on the "entity list"
2) FAA remote ID laws passes, forcing internet connection to fly, then DJI pushes firmware that cripples Mavic or enforces such schemes
3) you ever find yourself in a true emergency situation that is a real prepper situation, then of course you'd want a drone that didn't get shutdown remotely.

Prepper attitude is needed.

"Non-repressive government" is in the eye of the beholder, apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: strdr
Just got my Mavic 2 Zoom. Was thinking about "waiting". But trust me. Mavic 2 is more than what you will need.
Mavic 3 will be great and better for sure. Don't think there will be big technical break throughs.

no NLD support for ? years.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15