DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you do?

Yorksnproud

Reactions
Following much deliberation on what to buy, I've finally arrived at a decision......or thought I had.

I almost placed an order on a Platinum with a CrystalSky ultra, but this launch thing in 16 days has made me think that I may regret it, especially as if it is a new Mavic and the prices drop on current models afterwards.

Now I know what I want, I'm desperate to get started.

Would you hang on and wait??

Last edited:
Get the MPP.

I got mine only a few weeks ago and it has far exceeded expectation.

Mavic 2 will likely be delayed in production and will likely offer incremental improvement. And will likely cost several 100usd more than the MPP original price.

The only reason to delay would be to get the MPP at a discount possibly.

As I say, the MPP has exceeded expectation and I had to wait 2 years to get mine. :)

I havn't got anything to "go on" as far as the DJI teaser is concerned, although the general feeling amongst the so-called experts, video bloggers and people who say they have insider information is a Mavic 2.
I don't suppose there is smoke without fire, however, in my humble opinion I would guess on a new camera, but would they be making such a fuss unless it was a new drone?

Reactions: Former Member
I would wait too. Who knows what they'll come out with. If it's a new Mavic Pro, the price of the current Mavics will probably drop some. And the new Mavic Pro may have some features you want. And if it's not a new Mavic Pro, the only thing you lose is a couple weeks....

I havn't got anything to "go on" as far as the DJI teaser is concerned, although the general feeling amongst the so-called experts, video bloggers and people who say they have insider information is a Mavic 2.
I don't suppose there is smoke without fire, however, in my humble opinion I would guess on a new camera, but would they be making such a fuss unless it was a new drone?
dji makes a fuss over everything
big hype on a new drone and the MPP came which was just a smidgen better than the MP
then dji got everyone hyped again on a new mp2 and they put out a wifi mavic air which imop is a step down from the mp
and now its ''the big picture'' hype

Following much deliberation on what to buy, I've finally arrived at a decision......or thought I had.

I almost placed an order on a Platinum with a CrystalSky ultra, but this launch thing in 16 days has made me think that I may regret it, especially as if it is a new Mavic and the prices drop on current models afterwards.

Now I know what I want, I'm desperate to get started.

Would you hang on and wait??
Are you truly 'desperate', or merely impatient?

If you actually *need* a drone for some time-sensitive task, then by all means get one ASAP.

If you simply really, really *want* one for recreation, there's little to be lost in waiting, and some benefit in the discipline required to throttle down your impatience.

Grasshopper! :p

Reactions: Taylor1430
Are you truly 'desperate', or merely impatient?

If you actually *need* a drone for some time-sensitive task, then by all means get one ASAP.

If you simply really, really *want* one for recreation, there's little to be lost in waiting, and some benefit in the discipline required to throttle down your impatience.

Grasshopper! :p
lol,agreed,i waited 4 months before my mp hit the air and my 2nd mp is still a virgin:p

No, my friend, not desperate at all. That was the wrong word. Yes, a little impatient to get started after researching many tutorials over the last few weeks.

Good things come to those who wait.

In that case, maybe it will be a Mavic 2, with one hour flight time and an X5S.

Thanks for your comments guys, I appreciate it.

Touche'
:rolleyes:
You beat me there. I waited 55 years to get my first drone.
;)
i had loads of fun with the rubber band airplanes,always twisted em into knots to go the extra distance.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000