DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you keep....Air 2s or Mavic 2 Pro? Asking advice/opinions.

Since you’re using it for stills, definitely go with the one with a better camera that has higher bit depth. The Mavic 3’s were intriguing but I don’t like how DJI throttled using aftermarket control programs like Litchi as I also do mapping and other photography where I want to use autonomous waypoints, so they are not an option for me.

M2P, no contest. Same size sensor with similar specs / capability, but has variable aperture which tilts the camera in favor of the M2P.

Many other features on the M2P not available on the A2S. Also, even though you don't use waypoints, the on-board WP capability will retain better resale value in the future, if/when you might be thinking again about parting with it.

Last edited:
Since you’re using it for stills, definitely go with the one with a better camera that has higher bit depth. The Mavic 3’s were intriguing but I don’t like how DJI throttled using aftermarket control programs like Litchi as I also do mapping and other photography where I want to use autonomous waypoints, so they are not an option for me.

M2P, no contest. Same size sensor with similar specs / capability, but has variable aperture which tilts the camera in favor of the M2P.

Many other features on the M2P not available on the A2S. Also, even though you don't use waypoints, the on-board WP capability will retain better resale value in the future, if/when you might be thinking again about parting with it.
Good points and thanks for your reply! I usually shoot with the 2 Pro and let the Air 2s sit in a bag so that does it. The Air 2s fly more combo is now for sale. 😀

Thanks again to those who replied!

Is hard since both drones are great. I still own both of them. I guess i will have to decide keep the M2P. The camera is still a monster camera and the drone can fly by onboard missions even after disconnected from the remote control.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Is hard since both drones are great. I still own both of them. I guess i will have to decide keep the M2P. The camera is still a monster camera and the drone can fly by onboard missions even after disconnected from the remote control.
I agree and like you I have both and enjoy both, but don't need 3 drones for my work. I see them as tools and not so much toys. I'm probably no fun at all! 🤣 Thanks for your insight.

Reactions: zeusfl
I agree and like you I have both and enjoy both, but don't need 3 drones for my work. I see them as tools and not so much toys. I'm probably no fun at all! 🤣 Thanks for your insight.
I know your feeling. I own 6 drones.

I plan to buy a Mavic 3 Pro in the near future. I own an Air 2s and Mavic 2 Pro and plan to keep one of them as a backup. I use the drone for professional still photography, not any video other than for my own amusement on occasion.

Any advice or help on which is better to keep is much appreciated. Thanks!
I would keep the M2P, it was my first drone, and looking back at photos, it beats all the other drones I have owned including, Air2, Air 2S, and now the M3 Classic!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne