DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's anyones take on these??

B-rye

Reactions
So, I have been throwing it around for a few weeks now and I might get those
"DJI Race Edition" goggles. Does anyone here have any advice on them or help?
I haven't bought them yet

FAA goggle rules aside, if you have to wear readers and want to share your DJI goggles, they are terrible because there’s no diopter adjustment so you have to insert custom corrective lenses. I sold mine for cheap to a friend due to this.

Thank you for answering back, no I don't have to wear glasses or Contacts and I don't share anything when it comes to my drone. Hell no even share my videos or pictures online as I don't do social networking anymore as all "they" do is data mine everyone.

Thank you for answering back, no I don't have to wear glasses or Contacts and I don't share anything when it comes to my drone. Hell no even share my videos or pictures online as I don't do social networking anymore as all "they" do is data mine everyone.

Then you are all set to go! Oh yeah, do uou get motion sickness easily, if so, you will get sick! But they are fun otherwise!

I may have a brand new set for sale in the near future. Like @AMann indicted, corrective lenses are needed for people that need "readers" to help with near vision. I am having a problem finding a set of corrective lenses that will work for me - and of course the lenses have to come from DJI, not my local optical store...

Mine have yet to be used for an actual flight, and were purchased back in early July of this year, so still in warranty. They are in same condition as I received them, and I still have the box etc....

I wish I had some real-world experience with them that I could share to help with your decision, but I have not managed to get that far yet.....

it is true that without the corrective lens, the goggles are unusable for some. but they are cheap, less than $30, and they absolutely work, you don't need to get exact just go with the highest power. not sure what the problem is. when installed, it's almost as if they aren't there, so i guess i don't understand the issue about the lens maybe it's the goggles that some don't care for. for me, they work great.

Reactions: RWD
it is true that without the corrective lens, the goggles are unusable for some. but they are cheap, less than $30, and they absolutely work, you don't need to get exact just go with the highest power. not sure what the problem is. when installed, it's almost as if they aren't there, so i guess i don't understand the issue about the lens maybe it's the goggles that some don't care for. for me, they work great.

Thanks @kensteele , I will try that next, getting the highest power and see how that work. Up to now I have been trying to "finesse it" and get the precisely correct lenses based on my Rx, so probably overthinking it.....

Thanks...

I have the RE edition and though I don’t use them every time I fly, I do enjoy flying with them every chance I get. Are they perfect? Neh. But they do provide a different perspective on flying. If you can afford to own them and just use them occasionally as a neat factor, then by all means. But if you think you’ll use them every time you’re out, I promise you won’t.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I have the RE edition and though I don’t use them every time I fly, I do enjoy flying with them every chance I get. Are they perfect? Neh. But they do provide a different perspective on flying. If you can afford to own them and just use them occasionally as a neat factor, then by all means. But if you think you’ll use them every time you’re out, I promise you won’t.
absolutely. i went thru 3 batteries today and my friend went thru 3 batteries on his own drone, we both have goggles and brought them, neither one of us powered on the goggles; too busy "flying." i use goggles probably 1 out of every 15 batteries.

My father-in-law has them for his P4PV2. I have used them for FPV as he flies and they are fun, but not overly practical in my opinion. They would be on the lower end of my accessory list personally.

It was just a hassle when sharing them, otherwise if you don't have to and find the right lens combination to make them work, they are probably great...and “delightfully” nauseating!o_O

No, they don't absolutely work for everyone. I have near sight issues. Tried two different DJI lens inserts and neither worked. Ended up ordering custom glasses per my prescription. If that doesn't work, nothing will. I will sell my DJI goggles. Sad, never have flown with them.

I don't own racing edition goggles. Just the plain white model.
Needed to get adjusted lenses. Simply took goggles to a dollar shop and tried on $5 readers until I found best strength. Removed lenses and attached to goggles with a dob of silicone. PERFECT!!!

Reactions: B-rye
I may have a brand new set for sale in the near future. Like @AMann indicted, corrective lenses are needed for people that need "readers" to help with near vision. I am having a problem finding a set of corrective lenses that will work for me - and of course the lenses have to come from DJI, not my local optical store...

Mine have yet to be used for an actual flight, and were purchased back in early July of this year, so still in warranty. They are in same condition as I received them, and I still have the box etc....

I wish I had some real-world experience with them that I could share to help with your decision, but I have not managed to get that far yet.....
AMann, are the goggles you have from DJI? Are the goggles sorta like virtual reality? What are you charging for them?

OP B-Rye, how did you get your handle/name on here? For Bulleit by any chance?

OP B-Rye, how did you get your handle/name on here? For Bulleit by any chance?
AMann, So is OP B-Rye the brand name for the goggles you have? Can you include a couple of pics of them? To answer your question, when I purchased by drone, I heard about this online community. I looked it up, then simply registered to participate. I made up my own handle/name.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic