DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's anyones take on these??

AMann, So is OP B-Rye the brand name for the goggles you have? Can you include a couple of pics of them? To answer your question, when I purchased by drone, I heard about this online community. I looked it up, then simply registered to participate. I made up my own handle/name.
Rofl. He was directing his question to the OP (original poster). B-Rye is the screen name of the person who created this thread. It was not AMAnn that replied.

You gave me a good laugh though. Don’t worry, we’ve all had those blonde moments whether we like to admit it or not.

Just yesterday I had gone out south of the river near my house to fly my bird a little bit and as I launched my bird and sat back down in my truck, I noticed that my tire pressure light was on. So I looked at the pressure on the dash display and it read 25psi on my driver side front tire. Hopped out of the truck and sure enough, something had punctured my tire. I called my brother who lives just three miles away and asked him to come pick me up and take me in to get my tire patched. When he got there he looked me dead in the eye and said, “Don’t you have a spare?...........”

There was about a 15 second moment of silence as I realized how big of a jack wagon I was for not thinking about just putting the spare on and moving on my way. I was so irritated that it happened right as I launched my bird and I didn’t get a chance to fly that I didn’t even think about the spare tire.

Reactions: RWD
FAA goggle rules aside, if you have to wear readers and want to share your DJI goggles, they are terrible because there’s no diopter adjustment so you have to insert custom corrective lenses. I sold mine for cheap to a friend due to this.
Is this an issue for those who wear glasses and take them off to wear goggles? If so, a contact wearer would be fine?

Is this an issue for those who wear glasses and take them off to wear goggles? If so, a contact wearer would be fine?

You should be fine if you can focus really close, like 5 inches or so. The problem is if you use the inserts and hand it off to someone else to use. If you don’t share them, the inserts would be more comfortable and the best solution over wearing reader glasses in them.

Hi @B-rye , check out my post here for my two cents....

@mexner thanks for letting check-out your post, it was helpful. But I have thought long and hard on buying these and they are not going to work for me or my flying style. But all the help from everyone has been greatful and enlightening

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman