DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's good fellow pilots, hope all is well for yall, I'm coming from Daly City, CA

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

Th
e MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in the Bay Area! Though I live in Texas, I do most of my flying in SF. Used to live in Daly City--on Crestview Ave. Hope you got the Fly More kit--you'd appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 to try to learn under less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

h
ttps://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

That's what's up, any good areas you've found to fly and practice?
Baylands park in Sunnyvale is a “sanctioned” place for drone flight in that there are signs up there explicitly saying drones are allowed in certain areas.
However it can get busy on weekends so I usually try to go on a weekday morning but there can be model RC aircraft there as well.

For practice i usually find an empty office park during the weekend (or even weekday nowadays) and check AirMap first to get LAANC since most of the airspace down here is controlled on account of SJC. Then can usually take off without worry since there won’t be anyone around. You do however need to be aware of training flights from probably air national guard going in and out of Moffett airfield down here.

since youre in Daly City you may want to check out fort funston. It can be windy though and you cannot fly if there are any gliders there. But it is one of two areas in GG national park (the other being Muir beach overlook) where drones are explicitly allowed.

As far as LAANC, does this mean I can usually fly in spots on Airmap that are good to go as long as I stay under 400 ft?
Welcome to the forum!

If you’re available this Saturday at Noon, feel free to meet up with some of us on Treasure Island, and we’ll walk you through the LAANC authorization apps. The weather should be beautiful. Just come masked-up, please. There should be some Minis and MA2s there.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Another welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc