DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats phone or tablet are you all using for your Mavic?

iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung S7 Edge 99% of the time. Both without issues.

I want to really get a dedicated phone for this drone controller, dont really want to be using my oneplus3t.

Ive read iOS does handle the app and functionality cleaner and more stable.

Iphone 6 or 6plus would be ideal.

Can anyone input on this?

I use a 7+ and it's flawless

Haven't flown my Mavic yet--want to practice with Flt Sim first. Been considering upgrading to an I Phone 7, and using my I Phone 6 as a dedicated controller (no cellular service). You guys have convinced me to at least look into and I Pad mini, for the larger screen. Is there a downside to the I Pad other than loss of the Follow-Me mode?

I use a iPhone 7+ with over 135 flights, and not one dropout!

First I used a Nexus 7 2013 and now a Huawei Media Pad M3. Note that the Nexus 7 fits the RC brackets perfectly and the Media pad has to have a plate mounted in RC brackets with a ball stud and clamp.

I've been flying mine with the S8+, and yeah months ago I had problems but in the last few months not a single glitch

I use a samsung galaxy Tab E or a samsung galaxy Note3 both dedicated to flying my drone. For updates I have them tethered to my phone that remains in my pocket. I had a bad experience using my phone when a call came in and have not used my phone with the mavic since

If you have the luxury of having a dedicated device for the mavic then as much as I hate to say it, get an Apple product. I am not an apple fan (far from it) but their devices seem to work better with the mavic in all respects when using the DJI GO 4 app.

Always used a Galaxy Note 4 but then I upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S8 which I couldn't get a single flight out of without a disconnect. This has recently become a supported device and does work OK in flight but editing using DJI go on the phone is buggy and crashes. Whilst I was waiting for the S8 to become a supported device I used my wife's iPhone 6 and it worked seamlessly. Likewise my brother and father use iPhones and never / rarely have issues.

Why would you buy a super portable drone and then carry around an iPad? If you are using an iPad then you need a Phantom4.

Was using an iPhone 7+ which worked pretty well until I got phone calls while flying then things get a little glitchy. Just picked up a 5.5” DJI Crystalsky. Best decision I ever made.

I’m looking to upgrade to a iPad mini but right now I’m using the iPhone 7 Plus

Why would you buy a super portable drone and then carry around an iPad? If you are using an iPad then you need a Phantom4.
I thought the same thing initially, but then I realized the ipad mini fits in the case that I carry the drone around in anyway, and doesn't really take up any extra space because it is basically flat. It fits perfectly in the controller arms without any extra brakets and viewing the large screen is great compared to my phone. So I changed my mind and I love it.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98