DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best to use with the mavic andriod or ios

I have a Pixel XL. My first 2 flights had no problems (first week of Feb). Then I started having some random app crashing.

I saw a tip to disable Screen Rotation before starting the app. After I did that, my Pixel was rock solid.
I find it interesting that the Shield K1 was reported to be quite solid, until the most recent Shield update (which was to Nougat 7 - which handles screen rotation differently).

However, the latest app update is now causing problems on my Pixel XL. Perhaps I'll try leaving the screen rotation on :)

Same here. I haven't used my Pixel since it disconnected randomly the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: jerniganbrandon
I started out with my Pixel and was having midflight disconnects and random errors that made me uncomfortable, nothing catastrophic but uncomfortable none the less. Since then I picked up an ipad mini 4 on ebay and its been very reliable and smooth. I can't comment after the newest android update but I really like the way IOS has been.
Last time out my Pixel bounced out of dji go4 3 times and then disconnected mid flight, I'm not going to use it again, so many good reviews on the mini 4 I've got one ordered

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86