DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best video editing software for windows?

Running Premiere Pro on the laptop with the specs as listed is going to be rough.

CPU is only dual core at 2.7/3.5ghz. Ideally, you'd want at least a quad core or higher especially dealing with high-res 4K video. With a hexacore i7 4.2ghz system, my system already struggles depending on what I edit in Premiere so I can't imagine what performance is like with a dual core i7. You must have a ton of patience.

The NVIDIA 940mx scores pretty low on most benchmarks and is another bottleneck. It is more of a mobile GPU designed to be efficient in terms of power consumption and not known for its performance.

8GB of memory is a very minimal amount when editing videos or creating any type of multimedia content. The OS will typically consume ~4GB so that really leaves you with 4GB remaining for all other processes and applications. At times, depending on the project, Premiere Pro consumes > 10GB alone so there is likely a ton of swap file activity going on further degrading performance.

A new laptop (or system) would be the best route to improve the experience and efficiency in editing videos. The Zenbooks are super nice but were not built for video editing.

Guess I made a huge mistake buying this then :mad:

What about filming in 1080, do you think it should cope with that? Don't bother answering that, I've just edited my first video for YouTube in 1080 and although it wasn't as bad as 4k it was still a little choppy to edit.

Shame. Its the best laptop I've ever had. Screen is great, its light, thin and really fast using the internet.

It's a great laptop for many things; in fact one of the better laptops. It's just that video editing is resource intensive and those type of rigs are spec'ed and priced differently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan