DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the quickest way to get one in the uk

Thanks for the feedback its much appreciated. Think i get ma2 from argos, only 5minutes away in car. If you don't mind, was wondering did you get the combo? If yes is the case ok or did you buy another? And how much was the dji care refresh? Thanks for any feedback
Sorry, I shoud have said, it was the Mini 2 combo that I bought. I was ' swithering' on whether to buy the MA2 but thought that I should find out if I will enjoy the hobby before spending a 'grand'!
Dji refresh was £45.

Sorry, I shoud have said, it was the Mini 2 combo that I bought. I was ' swithering' on whether to buy the MA2 but thought that I should find out if I will enjoy the hobby before spending a 'grand'!
Dji refresh was £45.
Thanks for reply, yes i was thinking of getting mini2, but think im going for ma2 think the avoidance system might come in handy, as its my first drone? Treating myself to early Christmas present.going to setup dji account, registered for online id for drone, before get drone, so I'm good to go when received it, thanks for your support ?

Reactions: Yogi053
Hi nathankw: how did you get on with your new drone from heliguys? Its just i am thinking of getting mine from them? Do you get extra warranty from them free? And what was delivery like?
Thanks for any feedback.
I'm afraid I was too impatient so I cancelled and got it a few weeks ago and got one locally.
Love it!!

I'm sure heliguys would have been great but realised I just wanted to get out there and fly!

Reactions: Troyboy2
Got mine from Argos but took Dji care refresh when I activated it, just in case there was any hassle about warranty should anything be found wrong with drone. So far, flights successful, but, there's an AWFUL lot to remember when flying. Even pilots who have been flying for years admit to not charging All their equipment or forgetting to insert their sd cards or not pressing the record button etc etc.........Stay safe, Happy flying. (Read lots and watch lots of youtube videos)!

I know - I once tried to take off having forgotten to take the gimbal cover off (whoops!) Didn't do any harm fortunately.

Since then I've made little checklist which I've stuck on my remote.
It's what airline pilots do and if it's good enough for them...

I'm afraid I was too impatient so I cancelled and got it a few weeks ago and got one locally.
Love it!!

I'm sure heliguys would have been great but realised I just wanted to get out there and fly!
Hi, did you get mini2? Was it from argos? Thinking of getting mini 2 over ma2? hope you are enjoying your new drone?
Thanks for your feedback much appreciated ?

Hi, did you get mini2? Was it from argos? Thinking of getting mini 2 over ma2? hope you are enjoying your new drone?
Thanks for your feedback much appreciated ?
I got mine from Argos. 6% off through work perks and got double or triple nectar points which are worth a tenner.

After months of decision making i opted for the ma2 over the min2 just thought liveing in uk be better for the strong winds?
Ordered yesterday from heliguys UK and game today, with 2 years warranty and they own refresh plan that covers drone and remote for 1 year?
Have to start reading that manual now??

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_123649.jpg
    IMG_20201211_123649.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Yogi053
I ordered a Mini 2 combo bundle just over a week ago from Drones Direct (my own xmas present!) and all seemed fine - it was showing as in stock and I was given the choice of which day I wanted it delivered, etc, etc, but then a couple of days ago I got an email saying they now couldn't deliver on my selected day. At first glance I thought, well thats ok, I'm going to be home every day until xmas now so if its a couple of days late, no problem. Until I looked at the email again later and realised it was now scheduled for 11th January! Not much good for bunging under the xmas tree! So I had to cancel it all and reorder elsewhere (Jessops - ordered yesterday, delivery today). The only bugbear was the Care Refresh package was £25 dearer with Jessops which was a bit irritating.

I ordered a Mini 2 combo bundle just over a week ago from Drones Direct (my own xmas present!) and all seemed fine - it was showing as in stock and I was given the choice of which day I wanted it delivered, etc, etc, but then a couple of days ago I got an email saying they now couldn't deliver on my selected day. At first glance I thought, well thats ok, I'm going to be home every day until xmas now so if its a couple of days late, no problem. Until I looked at the email again later and realised it was now scheduled for 11th January! Not much good for bunging under the xmas tree! So I had to cancel it all and reorder elsewhere (Jessops - ordered yesterday, delivery today). The only bugbear was the Care Refresh package was £25 dearer with Jessops which was a bit irritating.
Care refresh should be a fixed price of £45. I always get it directly from DJI - Buy DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan (DJI Mini 2) - DJI Store

Reactions: Tony McDrone
yeah, seems Jessops are making a few quid extra on that on the sly! I would have got it from DJI, but the small-print said you have to buy it with a drone - it can't be bought on its own?
And it just arrived! Now I've got the frustrating wait until xmas as I'm not allowed it until then ?

yeah, seems Jessops are making a few quid extra on that on the sly! I would have got it from DJI, but the small-print said you have to buy it with a drone - it can't be bought on its own?
You can buy it once you activate the drone (within 24 hours?) - I think the app prompts you too a few times.

Ah well...I'll chalk it up to experience this time round. I'd rather have the cover than not too... something tells me I'll have my "Nnooooooooooooooooooooo!" moment at some point!

Ive have standard 2 years warranty on drone, but took heliguys own refresh plan out for£99. Which covers repair or replacement up to one year and remote included.with no upfront cost for repairs or replacement. Could also buy dji refresh when activating drone, but they's no point having 2 is the?
Might think about drone insurance in the future.

Hi, was just thinking when I set my ma2 up for the first and activate it, and it promps me to buy dji refresh! I was going not buy it, and maybe take insurance out instead? Was thinking of drone insurance by coverdrone? Does anybody know if there are good to be with in UK? Thanks

Hi, was just thinking when I set my ma2 up for the first and activate it, and it promps me to buy dji refresh! I was going not buy it, and maybe take insurance out instead? Was thinking of drone insurance by coverdrone? Does anybody know if there are good to be with in UK? Thanks
Why not take DJI refresh out now and then when that runs out use coverdrone then?

Hi, i have heard insurance covers lost of drone, damage to remote, flyaways, theft? And quite a lot more to mention and obviously dji refresh does not cover these?

I know I am new here but as I understand it, if you have an accident with your machine under DJI refresh they will replace it as long as you send them the drone back if recoverable. If not, you lose out. I spoke to coverdrone and they quoted me around £60 for an annual insurance which will cover your gear in the event of crashes, theft etc etc. So, it is your choice, but remember to read the small print first!

Reactions: Troyboy2
I know I am new here but as I understand it, if you have an accident with your machine under DJI refresh they will replace it as long as you send them the drone back if recoverable. If not, you lose out. I spoke to coverdrone and they quoted me around £60 for an annual insurance which will cover your gear in the event of crashes, theft etc etc. So, it is your choice, but remember to read the small print first!
Hi, i am new to this as well, so i could be wrong, so you need to check? As i understand if you have accident and it's not your fault, they will replace the drone for a small fee, but you need to recover the drone, they won't replace if you don't have unit to send back? If something happens to the remote by accident it's not covered? On most insurance policies, they covered alot of your equipment.im in two minds to get dji refresh or insurance? Both around same price, but the insurance covers more equipment?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS