DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the quickest way to get one in the uk

What's the price? And please send in your reveiws on this new drone.some actual video's would be great!! And where's the best place to buy a drone in the uk, apart from argos???? Not decided on ma2 or mini 2 for my first drone yet? And then these drones won't have airsence installed, only us models???? Confused ?
Lol, thanks for the list of request... £549 combo, I’m not on commission so try Goggle. I suggest you look into the EASA implications or lack of for the Mini over the Air 2 as the Air 2 is not CE Marked.

Lol, thanks for the list of request... £549 combo, I’m not on commission so try Goggle. I suggest you look into the EASA implications or lack of for the Mini over the Air 2 as the Air 2 is not CE Marked.
Sorry TDZHDTV: about the list, just a bit confused at the moment about EASA implications on both mentioned drones.
Thanks for the price check on the combo package, hope you enjoy your new drone, and have hours of fun, stafe flying ?

Reactions: TDZHDTV
No worries, have a look at this
Thanks has made it a lot clearer! Now in two minds, the mini 2 looks good with. The upgrades, but have the extra money for a ma2?
And it might be better choice for the strong winds in the uk? Thanks again for information.

No worries, have a look at this
Good vid! I've read the actual document too and have the same understanding of the new rules as Geeksvana presents. The document has been available on the CAA website since June 2020. Good news for MM and Mini2 owners, but not quite so good for MA2 owners (MA2 is over 500g so falls outside the A1 transitional allowance). That's a point well worth bearing in mind - if you get a MA2 then you'll need to do the A2 CofC training course (probably £250 or so) to be able to fly anywhere other than out in the fields and away from people/buildings.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the relevance of CE marking, MTOM (not relevant for legacy drones in the UK) and transition periods.

Last edited:
Good vid! I've read the actual document too and have the same understanding of the new rules as Geeksvana presents. The document has been available on the CAA website since June 2020. Good news for MM and Mini2 owners, but not quite so good for MA2 owners (MA2 is over 500g so falls outside the A1 transitional allowance). That's a point well worth bearing in mind - if you get a MA2 then you'll need to do the A2 CofC training course (probably £250 or so) to be able to fly anywhere other than out in the fields and away from people/buildings.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the relevance of CE marking, MTOM (not relevant for legacy drones in the UK) and transition periods.

That’s the main reason why I wouldn’t get a MA2 for the UK, in addition the Mini / Mini 2 meets my requirements for hiking with a portable rechargeable solution for multi days. The Mini 2 defiantly has more horsepower under the hood, didn’t get a signal warning when I took it up to 120m yesterday. I like the new remote, but wow after Flying 3 batteries in a row it feels heavy, still only getting around 22 mins until RTH is initiated (still feels like a long time coming from a Mavic Air). Oh and the signal strength is fantastic (although I did see a couple of lags when the drone was close, suspect DJI wil sort that out moving forward)

Reactions: Troyboy2 and scro
That’s the main reason why I wouldn’t get a MA2 for the UK, in addition the Mini / Mini 2 meets my requirements for hiking with a portable rechargeable solution for multi days. The Mini 2 defiantly has more horsepower under the hood, didn’t get a signal warning when I took it up to 120m yesterday. I like the new remote, but wow after Flying 3 batteries in a row it feels heavy, still only getting around 22 mins until RTH is initiated (still feels like a long time coming from a Mavic Air). Oh and the signal strength is fantastic (although I did see a couple of lags when the drone was close, suspect DJI wil sort that out moving forward)
Thanks for the information about mini 2, still in two minds about mini 2 and ma2 to purchase as first drone, at moment im thinking of getting mini 2 to start of with, and later on maybe Mavic 3??
I like the airsence on drones, obviously the uk ma2 does not have it, but maybe in future we could see a uk mavic 3 version with this installed?
Safe flying for everyone.
Will carry on watching mini 2 and ma2 YouTube videos to gain more insight into these two drones..
Thanks ?

I'm also looking to get a Mini 2 (my first DJI drone).

I was torn between argos (where I could pick one up today if I wanted) or HeliGuys (who are offering free 1-year damage cover but it might take a few weeks to get one).

There's no reason I need one urgently - but of course I'd love to get my hands on it.

Decided to be patient and preorder with HeliGuys - hoping the wait won't be too long...

I got mine from DronesDirect, ordered yesterday and arrived today via next day delivery.

Anyone else having insane wait times on this initial firmware update? I've had it going for about 1.5 hours now and it's on 58%. It's going at about 1% every 5 minutes if not more. Started on 40% from the offset.

I was torn between argos (where I could pick one up today if I wanted) or HeliGuys (who are offering free 1-year damage cover but it might take a few weeks to get one).

There's no reason I need one urgently - but of course I'd love to get my hands on it.

Decided to be patient and preorder with HeliGuys - hoping the wait won't be too long...
Thanks, that's good to know about heliguys and free 1 year damage insurance. Waiting to see if they are any deals on both drones leading up to Christmas?

I got mine from DronesDirect, ordered yesterday and arrived today via next day delivery.

Anyone else having insane wait times on this initial firmware update? I've had it going for about 1.5 hours now and it's on 58%. It's going at about 1% every 5 minutes if not more. Started on 40% from the offset.
Luckily I picked mine up from Argos as soon as it opened on launch day, was plugged in and updating by 09:30 ?

When i purchase my drone soon, will be from either Argos or heliguys UK.
Has anybody purchased drones from heliguys UK? Any feedback would be grateful

Bought mine from argos warrington. paid online collected same day friday 6th november argos has got them everywhere. same day collection or same day delivery

Bought mine from argos warrington. paid online collected same day friday 6th november argos has got them everywhere. same day collection or same day delivery
Thanks scoobycheif for the information, its someone told me about heliguys UK that you get some kind of extra warranty with them, which is 12 months free, but you have to wait for delivery few days?

Hi nathankw: how did you get on with your new drone from heliguys? Its just i am thinking of getting mine from them? Do you get extra warranty from them free? And what was delivery like?
Thanks for any feedback.

Be careful to import from US they has more "power" in the RC and Video transmission. Not allowed in EU
Thanks for information, will be buying from uk, between Argos or heliguys? Not sure what's the best? Incase i have to return it for any reason?

Got mine from Argos but took Dji care refresh when I activated it, just in case there was any hassle about warranty should anything be found wrong with drone. So far, flights successful, but, there's an AWFUL lot to remember when flying. Even pilots who have been flying for years admit to not charging All their equipment or forgetting to insert their sd cards or not pressing the record button etc etc.........Stay safe, Happy flying. (Read lots and watch lots of youtube videos)!

Got mine from Argos but took Dji care refresh when I activated it, just in case there was any hassle about warranty should anything be found wrong with drone. So far, flights successful, but, there's an AWFUL lot to remember when flying. Even pilots who have been flying for years admit to not charging All their equipment or forgetting to insert their sd cards or not pressing the record button etc etc.........Stay safe, Happy flying. (Read lots and watch lots of youtube videos)!
Thanks for the feedback its much appreciated. Think i get ma2 from argos, only 5minutes away in car. If you don't mind, was wondering did you get the combo? If yes is the case ok or did you buy another? And how much was the dji care refresh? Thanks for any feedback

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_