DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the top speed of Mini 3ActiveTrack?

walrus

Reactions
  • If I use ActiveTrack to follow me on my bicycle, what's the top speed can I hope for it to be able to stay with me?
  • And if I out ride it, will it just stop and hover until I turn around to where it can see me?

• If I use ActiveTrack to follow me on my bicycle, what's the top speed can I hope for it to be able to stay with me?
  • And if I out ride it, will it just stop and hover until I turn around to where it can see me?
I saw a demo on You Tube, it will lose you if you go faster than a casual cycle speed .
A cycle will cause it to lose you, if you speed up to a brisk pace.
It lost the guy on his powered wcateboard 😅

• Wow
Reactions: walrus and Droniac
Several videos show it falling behind above 20 mph and if the environment is complex like trees etc. it will slow as it deals with it and the speed can be even significantly lower. If it loses you it stops and hovers.

Reactions: walrus and Droniac
I just watched a video of DC Rainmaker running down a hill with Active Track, not very exciting. I guess I could use in on MTB downhills, where there aren't many trees. I was hoping to get sone action videos of me riding downhill on my road bike, but I see would very quickly outpace it.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Dcrainmaker

Yeah, I’ve tried with my Air2s a number of times on my motorcycle and it has always given up quite quickly. It also wants to ascend as it speeds up, which I guess makes sense, but does not always match my vision and is not always safe. The drone always seems to have the worst timing, WRT power lines, etc.

I don’t dare fly in sport because there are just too many failure modes for my taste. I don’t even care about the drone that much — I care more about affecting any people that might be around.

In my experience it does just stop and hover, and it might choose a place to do so that you would not prefer, if things change around the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya