DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up with my Flight Records?

TallGear

Reactions
My flight log seems to be messed up. It's showing stats I know aren't right.

For starters, I am quite sure I haven't flown 242.3m up. I've hit 102m once but this seems pretty wonky.

I attached a picture. Anyone else having issues like this?

1497622618871.png

My flight log seems to be messed up. It's showing stats I know aren't right.

For starters, I am quite sure I haven't flown 242.3m up. I've hit 102m once but this seems pretty wonky.

I attached a picture. Anyone else having issues like this?
View attachment 15176

Yes, me: it reports a max altitude of 4500+ meters, which BTW is impossible due to the Mavic's own limitation to 500, while I never went over 250. It also reports the date for that altitude record, and that was the day I went up to 250. Goodness knows where the additional 4250 meters come from. The rest is all ok

Note that it says "ALTITUDE" (ASL), which is different than height above ground. (AGL). If you set your home point at 1000 ft above sea level, then flew up 400 ft, that number would read 1400 which is correct. If you took it up a 12000 foot mountain, did a selfie, that number would be 12010. Make sense?

Note that it says "ALTITUDE" (ASL), which is different than height above ground. (AGL). If you set your home point at 1000 ft above sea level, then flew up 400 ft, that number would read 1400 which is correct. If you took it up a 12000 foot mountain, did a selfie, that number would be 12010. Make sense?

I don't know if it based on AGL or ASL, anyway on the 1st of May I was in my backyard which is at 121 meters above sea level, so it should have listed 250+121 = circa 370 meters. This one baffles me. Maybe I need an IMU calibration? IIRC the Mavic uses the barometer from the IMU to calculate height

ALTITUDE always equals "Above Sea Level" (ASL)
HEIGHT almost always means "Above Ground Level (AGL)

And maybe your signature isn't quite true...;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ALTITUDE always equals "Above Sea Level" (ASL)
HEIGHT almost always means "Above Ground Level (AGL)

And maybe your signature isn't quite true...;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Thinking back to it a while, it's just as in italian: altitudine (altitude) and altezza (height)
LOL, an UDI 818 could deliver pizzas for Smurfs, at its maximum ;)

That still doesn't account for the large discrepancy. I'm 11 meters above sea level where I was flying.

Hi, mine read 1245m when I got it new, stayed that way after an IMU calibration... but now reads 120m the correct Hieght. So I would like the well-know Members in this thread to answer the previous members question and explain my readings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabarton44