DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats with all the ads all of a sudden?

baddog

Reactions
Site
www.drone-scapes.com
I have not been on the forum here, in about a month. It is snow season in the north east so not a lot of flying going on.

I got on today to just see what was going on and holy crap my entire feed is post, post, Ad, post, Ad, Ad, post...
There is always a consistent ad in the footer as well, which might have always been there but the rest of them I have never experienced.

What's going on, did the share holders need a larger ROI?

Yep, I noticed it too. May sites increase adds as a source of revenue and you can eliminate them by paying a subscription. Not sure if that's the case here but it certainly is annoying!

Reactions: JimCanada
I like the price of membership here though, so It isnt all that bad. Which ads you see are probably based on Google ad sense though, and your browsing behavior and location Is being tracked so you get a custom list of ads shown here. For example, I see a US based drone ad above.

Reactions: Peter VS
I am use to seeing the ones in the footer but now they are all over the news feed.

For the amount of money I pay for drones, equipment, licences, etc... The last thing I should pay for is a user based forum!
And yet, some of us do to support the forum and it’s valuable source of knowledge and interchange of ideas.

My bad...you call it the DJI Mavic Forum, so I just assumed.

Did the forum recently change its marketing platform. What is all the increased ads in the feed? It was never this congested a few months ago.

My bad...you call it the DJI Mavic Forum, so I just assumed.

Did the forum recently change its marketing platform. What is all the increased ads in the feed? It was never this congested a few months ago.
I honestly don’t know. If you have a premium membership you don’t see any ads.

I use Ad Block & see 2 ads & it's blocking 3. Ad Block works great!

I don't see any ads, Lol.
I feel this place is worth supporting plus it's a fair price.

Reactions: Thomas B and Gindra
Best 11 cents I spend a day. The content is 3X that valuable to me.

I have not been on the forum here, in about a month. It is snow season in the north east so not a lot of flying going on.

I got on today to just see what was going on and holy crap my entire feed is post, post, Ad, post, Ad, Ad, post...
There is always a consistent ad in the footer as well, which might have always been there but the rest of them I have never experienced.

What's going on, did the share holders need a larger ROI?
So is this Mavic 2 specific then?

Reactions: dirkclod
So is this Mavic 2 specific then?
Nope and have never understood why some members
dont appreciate the privilege of being a member here for free. Guess it’s to difficult for some to overlook advertisements that do give them all this info.
Moved to OT.

Totally agree with pretty much all the comments about too many ads.
Got to the point where I just don't even bother opening the site much nowadays.
I enjoy being a part of the forum, but not at any price.
Too much advertising does not equate to a better quality forum - in my book!!

Happy and safe flying ;) ?

Nope and have never understood why some members
dont appreciate the privilege of being a member here for free. Guess it’s to difficult for some to overlook advertisements that do give them all this info.
Moved to OT.
Finally sent my $40. Wasn’t sure if I would stay here but it’s been fun. Mini crazy more like. Time to pay my dues. ? still hanging tight with the PhantomPilots. So few left ?but proud of our powerful birds. Phantoms and Mini, not quite the same, but both good company. Enjoy ?

Advertisers look for high traffic. When the forum got flooded with minis they took notice. Same everywhere. It’s just prodded me to finally get my premium membership. I feel I was wasting everybody’s time without it. ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne