DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When can wee see the option to turn off phone charging for Android?

That would be great news but are you basing that just on logic?

It's not exact (I probably should have worded it better obviously, it will depend upon the phone, the brightness of the phone, what other apps are running or so.)

I typically fly with my iPhone and not Android, so I'll have to do some testing, but it seems I could get 12-15 flights on a battery of the controller if it was not charging the phone. My iPhone 6S probably has around 4 flight in it, and my iPhone 8 can probably get 5-6 flights. So, the controller is twice that of the phone. I believe that DJI rates the controller battery a little over 50% less when charging a phone, so my 12-15 flights would be come 6-7. More than my phone can do (and in all cases, more than the 3 batteries I have for the drone). Again, everyone's phone is different, and it probably varies greatly if you are caching or not, downloading HD photos or not, etc. Worth playing with though....

The current supplied for charging is only 500mA, hardly much of a charge rate. I run three batteries through the MA2 and the RC charge level LEDs only drops by one LED.

Well good, it sounds like if I make sure I have at least 75% charge I should be fine...thanks all.

If its a huge problem for you, you can root the device and then there are apps you can use that will turn off charging.
I don't know about the Mini, but for the Air 2, the controller has a large battery (actually 2 batteries) so that it is not the limiting factor. Your phone will die long before the Mavic Air 2 controller if both are fully charged.

on my MM I started with a fully charged phone and fully charged controller. I was able to fly for around 80 minutes ( using 3 fully charged MM batteries) and ended with 2 lights of charge on controller and 85% on the phone. I guess thats fine anyway with the fact that I used 3 MM batteries. But the phone heating is the main concern now. I will look into rooting my device as It is the only solution currently that might help to eliminate the heating problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones