DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When do disconnections become a repair issue?

Salla50

Reactions
Hi,

I have a MPP bought in June 2018, all was going fine until the last 2 flights when disconnections (both remote and RC) have been occuring within a hundred metres or so of take off). It's a bit random but it's so severe that it makes flying impossible, with auto RTH being instigated on both flights.

I have 2 phones I use as remotes; a moto g4 and samsung note 8, both of which were running fine. The last flight but one when the problems started, i used only the note 8, today i tried the g4 thinking it may be a note 8 issue, but the moto g4 did not connect at all to the RC.

I connect from the main usb underside connector all the time to the cellphone.

I use lichti as my app.

The main concern is not so much the remote disconnections but the RC disconnects which Ive never had previously.

Any pointers or should i forget trying to debug and just return the darned thing for repair/assessment?

PS... I have flown it ALOT in the last 3 months, maybe 300km. I had one minor prang the day afer purchase, but nothing damaged and no accidents since.

I would try using GO 4 as the app to rule out it being a Litchi issue.

In addition to trying Go 4 as FatherXmas suggested, I'd also consider flying with just the RC. If it works fine without a phone attached, you may need to try yet another one or uninstall and re-install the apps.

In addition to trying Go 4 as FatherXmas suggested, I'd also consider flying with just the RC. If it works fine without a phone attached, you may need to try yet another one or uninstall and re-install the apps.

Good idea. I had the Note 8 connected when the RC was disconnecting. Will do some tests with just the RC.

I would try using GO 4 as the app to rule out it being a Litchi issue.

I switched to Litchi a long while back, maybe a month after maiden flight, because of phone disconnects with the Go app. If the RC behaves itself alone, Ill try going back to the Go app, see if it improves. Cheers!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes