DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When does the Mavic Mini 2 go on sale? I had thought it was today, 11/4

The Mini 2 would NOT activate last evening, looks like DJI put a date limit so that it wouldn't work before today. It didn't even work up to 12:10AM EST but I wasn't going to wait up to see when it kicked in.

This morning, it Activated just fine, so I did a quick test flight. Here's a photo I did with the Mavic Mini 2 vs the same photo a little later with my Mavic 2 Pro (the Pro is getting sent back today due to some crash damage, the gimbal tilts randomly at times, so this is the last flight with this particular bird (I assume they'll replace it since I have DJI Care).

The first photo is the Mavic Mini 2, the 2nd is the Mavic 2 Pro but the Pro is an explicit Pro 2 HDR photo. Image looks very good. I did play with the Mini 2 image a bit as its a bit underexposed (lots of UV today may have blown out the exposure a bit) but I can get it pretty close the the Mavic 2 Pro image, though the Pro image is still a bit better, as expected.

The camera tilt is apparent in the 2nd Mavic 2 Pro image :-(.
Also, looking at the flight data, is was pretty windy up at 385 feet or so for the Mavic Mini 2, but it performed rock solid, I have a few shots I've been doing daily, and I did a couple of those today with the Mini 2. It was a very shot flight though as it was during a coffee break from work. No wind warnings! Looks like the wind resistance is working pretty well.

Attachments

• 2020-11-05-Mini2-Maiden-Flight-Wind.JPEG
    2020-11-05-Mini2-Maiden-Flight-Wind.JPEG
    113 KB · Views: 5
  • 2020-11-05-Mini2-Maiden-Flight-Wind-Alt-Profile.JPEG
    2020-11-05-Mini2-Maiden-Flight-Wind-Alt-Profile.JPEG
    81.6 KB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads