DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When taking videos, I am getting really bad fps/choppiness....Everytime i fly.

The only time I’ve seen ‘choppy’ video raised as an issue has been a result of the playback device being unable to cope with the h.265 encoded media and on rare occasions a poor quality or cheap SD card too slow to record the video.

If your video plays back without issue on your controller, a modern PC or Mac or even an iPad with an M-series CPU then the recorded video is fine.
so i found out the phone was the issue and my computer can run the footage just fine

my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A52

now even when i run h.264 it still is choppy

I am recording on 4k at 60fps i believe...so idk why it would be this choppy

I am recording on 4k at 60fps i believe...so idk why it would be this choppy
Phones are not, generally, ever going to be first choice for playback of native footage of that size and data rate ! 4K60 is a phenomenal amount of data to process per second. That's what power PCs are for ! There will be phones that can do it of course, but they will be the very top end.

is there anything that can be done...do other people have this issue too?
Funnily enough, I also have that issue at the moment, but for different reasons - My editor of choice (DaVinci Resolve) doesn't support 10-bit formats in the free version, so I too am temporarily stuck in the H.264 modes while I work out if I wanna spend another 250 quid on the full version that does or can find an editor that will do it for free (ideas anyone ?!)

As for what you can do, it's bad news I'm afraid - a newer, moderately powerful computer is probably the answer here.

After the most recent update, I'm getting stutters on the live feed on the RC2 with both Mini 4 Pro and Air 3. These brief freezes (a few hundred milliseconds) every 5-20 seconds or so happen whether recording or not, regardless of settings, and are not duplicated on the SD if recording.

Looks like a new bug to me.

FWIW, I do nearly all my post on a Galaxy Z Fold 4 (Kinemaster for video, Picsart and Lightroom for stills), and have no problem playing any video, including h265 4K/60.

BTW, Kinemaster is an amazing mobile multitasking timeline video editor. I rarely run into anything I would need Da Vinci or Premiere Pro.

Reactions: AeroJ
FWIW, I do nearly all my post on a Galaxy Z Fold 4 (Kinemaster for video, Picsart and Lightroom for stills), and have no problem playing any video, including h265 4K/60.

BTW, Kinemaster is an amazing mobile multitasking timeline video editor. I rarely run into anything I would need Da Vinci or Premiere Pro.
I'm impressed to hear it can be done, but it would do my head in trying to edit video on a phone size device. How can you see enough detail to judge sharpness and grading ?

Funnily enough, I also have that issue at the moment, but for different reasons - My editor of choice (DaVinci Resolve) doesn't support 10-bit formats in the free version, so I too am temporarily stuck in the H.264 modes while I work out if I wanna spend another 250 quid on the full version that does or can find an editor that will do it for free (ideas anyone ?!)

As for what you can do, it's bad news I'm afraid - a newer, moderately powerful computer is probably the answer here.
do you know of any good video players on windows that run h.265 without lagging or any other funny business.....i downloaded mpv but got choppy playback while windows media player ran it just fine

I would use windows media player but it doesn't allow good features like skipping foward 5 seconds instead of 30 and adjust the playback speed by 0.1x as opposed to .5x

I sometimes run videos via firefox and use some video extensions that allow me to customize speed increments and skip increments

but it doesn't usually support h.265.

So idk im looking for a program that can run 64 and 65 as well as something that is customizable like on firefox

VLC player. Best there is - plays anything.
AND, more crucially, is able to convert D-Log H.265 to 10-bit H.264 which works with free version of DaVinci Resolve ! So it's winning all round really, except possibly in the UI department !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nemesix