DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When to change props

HusT

Reactions
Hi. Does anyone know after how many hours of flight should you change props?

I check the props before and after flying. If they are chipped, cracked or with any other visible damage, I change them. After a crash, I change them.

@HusT this subject has been mentioned on many many occasions on the forum ,and @Rmcolon has said above before flight check them as part of your pre flight checks
there is no real set time for changing them, it depends on so many outside factors that can contribute to their lifespan,it is really up to the individual pilot to make that decision based on the visual and tactile inspection that they do

In addition to flight checks mentioned here, on the DJI forum, DJI representatives recommended they be replaced about every 200 flights. I do not believe this is published any manuals, but did come from them, so probably a good rough idea. Obviously longer/shorter and faster/slower flights are not taken into consideration with that recommendation, but its probably a decent general though.

No real schedule. Like others have said - most times when they get nicked pretty good and you'll know by running a finger across the edge. Fine chips can be lightly sanded out, but big ones - always have a spare on hand. If you run into most anything - tree branches / etc. ALWAYS check the props before taking off again. Don't forget to match the props up properly as well.

I've been flying my MA2 for 10 months with the same props. They've never touched anything but air so they're pristine. I check them before every flight and there's no reason to change them unless they encounter an object while spinning and get chipped or cracked.

I have a mini 2 that I got for Christmas. I had about 30 hrs on it. I didn't check the props before its last flight and it crashed. Only thing missing from the crash site was a single blade. The screw was also missing, telling me I should of add the tightness check to the screws. Lesson learned as I am sure the drone is totaled beyond repair. I will check it on every flight on my pro2.

• Wow
Reactions: Tentoes

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre