DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When to use the gimble clamp?

JY-tek

Reactions
Just wondering how & when others are using the gimble clamp. I always use it whenever I fold up the bird for packing, but if I'm just driving down the road and lay the drone in the floorboard, I don't use the clamp. Is there a reason that I need to be using it more often??

You'll have to be the judge of when to use it. If you suspect there is a chance of a big jolt which would jerk the camera around, then you should use it.

The gimbal ribbon cable is very thin and tears easily. Letting the gimbal bounce around without the clamp on might be ok for a while, but one sharp bump and your ribbon cable can get damaged. At first I didnt like to put mine on because it was too fiddly, but now it goes on every time.

Reactions: kenny d
The gimbal is the most fragile part of the Mavic Pro. I attach the gimbal lock whenever I'm done flying for the day and certainly before traveling with my Mavic Pro in any type of vehicle.

Reactions: JMF
If it's not flying, the clamp is on. Letting it flop around is a great way to reduce the life of the bands and the gimbal itself

Reactions: JMF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000