DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where’s the settings for controller signal lost????

Andrewandron

Reactions
Fly my new Mini today indoors, but I was not able to find the settings in the Fly app to change what the drone does when the signal is lost. I wanted to set it to “hover” if the signal was lost while I was indoors. Not that that was likely to happen but I couldn’t find the setting for that.

As per quite a few other mini threads, it is on android Fly app, but not IOS version of Fly.
I mentioned this on a thread in the Mavic forums, not sure if they’ve picked up on that problem yet.

It should be in Safety- Advanced settings, but it’s missing on IOS devices for now.

Oh ok. Thanks. I didn’t see this question asked elsewhere.
hopefully it’s added in soon.

Oh ok. Thanks. I didn’t see this question asked elsewhere.
hopefully it’s added in soon.

Hopefully, it's an important function, especially if flying under trees, inside old buildings etc.
Until it does get fixed on IOS devices, keep very close when flying in those circumstances, to maintain wifi connection to the drone.

Be aware that if there is a disconnection, it will hover for 11 seconds (to pick up signal again), then auto RTH at the height set.
So you have 11 seconds to get better LOS to the drone with controller, and hope it auto connects.

Reactions: scooot
It's gone now from Android version build 491.

????

Strange.
I hope it's not a case of DJI never having intended to have this option on Fly for the mini, then accidentally included it in Android, and now removed it.

I say this because I wanted to set hover on my Spark (Go4) a few weeks back, and only had loss of signal option as RTH.
Very annoyed with DJI taking that out of the Spark options . . . as another small (and cheaper) drone, it's a better choice for tight flying.

I haven't even had the circumstance to set that option on the M1P, would rather do more traditional flights with that.

I'm sure they'll add it. They probably removed it from the app because it's not yet functional. Since it was there, seems to be a good sign it will be back and working.

I agree though we should have it for flying indoors or under trees.

Reactions: Andrewandron
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty