DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are the pro/expert Litchi users? I need some forensics!

Ed209

Reactions
First off please save the criticism. I accepted the risk and fly many long range missions and long distance with Mavic and P3's. I'm not new to this or new to battery modding. Thank you.

Lost my Mavic on a long run. Was running it with battery mod, got a little gutsy and sent it off on a 10mi, 24min mission. It did not return. I know it's lost but I'd love to recover it just to see the footage of what happened. I set my altitudes within the limits that I believed would clear tree tops (154ft is the lowest point it flew). I really would appreciate a second set of eyes on my mission from someone who might be able to spot an error I may have made. I don't think I made an error though. I think I may have had a battery failure or some other mechanical failure. I'd rather not publish the mission publicly so for anyone who is interested I could share the mission with you. Thanks

Without looking at the mission… What would you estimate the wind speed was on your mission? The only reason I ask is that in my experience a 10 to 15 mph can greatly affect the success of a long mission. Just curious…. My last note… I hope you don’t get too much criticism here because I think you’re asking a very valid question. Sorry for your loss

Reactions: Ed209
Without looking at the mission… What would you estimate the wind speed was on your mission. The only reason I ask is that in my experience a 10 to 15 mph can greatly affect the success of a long mission. Just curious…. My last note… I hope you don’t get too much criticism here because I think you’re asking a very valid question. Sorry for your loss

OK here's the details of the flight. I lost connectivity within 2min of flight (expected) so the rest is up in the air. The problem is, a storm quickly entered the area out of nowhere and winds picked up. I had the cruise speed set for max 33.6mph. There definitely were some gusts picking up which probably started when the bird was on it's way back. I have flown well over 30mins with this configuration but I know the wind could have taken a lot out of it. One possibility is that it got pummeled by the gusts, reached 10% and landed wherever it happened to be. I have some areas where I want to check tree top heights just to rule out a miscalculation with altitude. There are some very remote areas where access would be very hard. I'm ok with the loss, it's just that **** footage I'd love to see what went wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa