DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I save my Mavic videos on the road?

OR ...... If you want to save yourself some bucks get a 1 TB laptop drive off Ebay for $50 and stick it in a $6 case.

upload_2017-3-6_6-14-56.png

Reactions: mrprinkles
I guess it should work as long as your device has WIFI. The WD unit creates his own wifi network where you connect to watch your files.
I have the 2 TB unit and i can add via USB a 4 TB hard drive. (I have a lot of pics and vids).
It also has an SD card slot and best of all it has a Plex media Server built in ;-)

i can't find a WD passport pro wifi page anywhere here - anyone had any trouble setting it up?

DJI Hard Drive.jpg I decided to buy the DJI Hard Drive. Yes u can get cheaper hard drive's for same storage. The DJI one has a slot to insert your SD Micro card. Connect to your Samsung phone via a USB3 cord (supplied) or your later phones come with USB3 cord. (Not IPhones I believe, could be wrong) U can then transfer files to hard drive for storage. Delete from Card to reuse in Drone in the field!!!!! And u can watch the files directly on your phone. Made sense for me. When back at computer you can then edit the files.

Last edited:
after a disaster with the WD wireless passport pro - which I saw advertised on this page - I see that WD community forum is covered in disasters of this device not working, I have decided that I will just buy smaller (32gb) cards, and store more of them.

I see GNARBOX is available and sounds great on paper but will check its reviews very carefully after being burned by WD and while it is SSD (good) it is only 128gb or 256gb (bad) - thats only 4-8 32GB cards. Better than nothing though.

I drove down from Montana to Texas in February, and I took more video than my two 16 gb cards could handle. Normally, I would have had my laptop to transfer my video/images to, but I didn't take it with me on that trip. On the way, I stopped in Salt Lake City at a Best Buy, looking for a device to store my video on, but they didn't have anything. Instead, I purchased a 124 gb card for almost nothing during a sale they had going, and that solved my problem. That was in my P4, but I'm sure that card will work in a MP.

I use 2 of the wd my passport pro 3tb, setup was fine, wifi is fine, the only issue I have is the media sharing, twonky & plex don't work very well on it

Bought them for a 3 month trip as a kinda raid setup, copied card to both incase one failed/lost/stolen

Used 1.7tb in the 3 months

Found its best it use a SD adapter rather than USB as it can differentiate between cards

For wifi while I was at home I connected to the drive with a laptop (via wifi), got it to connect to my phone hotspot, that way I can either connect directly or connect both to my phone via hotspot
Wifi only works when not connected via USB

I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and can’t figure out how to record video in the sd card included in the Fly-More package, videos have been saved on the smart controller but I have been unable to store them on the address card or move them to my lap top, can anyone advise? Do I need to instruct the smart controller to store video on as card pre-flight?

I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and can’t figure out how to record video in the sd card included in the Fly-More package, videos have been saved on the smart controller but I have been unable to store them on the address card or move them to my lap top, can anyone advise? Do I need to instruct the smart controller to store video on as card pre-flight?
I can only imagine that you just have to dig into the settings and you will find the option. I know it isn't real help, but that's what I'd do since it is most certainly there.

I have a small netbook. It has a card slot so when travelli g each night i upload all my video and SLR camera shots to the netbook. At home i have a qnap nas and i can connect to it so i upload all my files to it when i get somewhere with a decent internet connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_