DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I save my Mavic videos on the road?

Jimmie Hanson

Reactions
Greetings,

I have a mavic and I want a place to save my videos where I can see them easily and save them. I have a 15 inch chromebook and a 15 inch Asus Windows 10 that I dont want to travel with.

Should I buy a laptop maybe 2/1 13 inch to travel with or is there somehow in my chromebook (has 32 gb) memory. Not sure how I can travel and save my videos and look at them instantly.

Should I buy a portable hardl drive to plug into my chromebook. Where I will be shooting video not always convenient to go on the web or cloud to save.

I am a little computer dumb so any advice on where to store my videos and how to view them out of the back of my pickup or in my tent while camping and also permanent storage.

In sumation, the best place to store my videos from my mavic and the best way to view on either a new laptop with big hard drive or my Chromebook with limited memory.

Thanks for your help and advice

Buy a couple of spare sd cards and then deal with the footage when you're no longer traveling.
I want to watch my videos when we are traveling as we will be traveling several months camping and hiking and National parks.

Reactions: Bogey
I want to watch my videos when we are traveling as we will be traveling several months camping and hiking and National parks.
I use my NVidea tablet to watch the video. Like Squamer suggested, get some extra sd cards for storage.

The biggest problem you will face is how to recharge your devices. Oh, and flying RC aircraft is not permitted in US National Parks.:(

Reactions: Jimmie Hanson
I love this unit but the problem I see is I can not connect via wire to my computer. (MY MISTAKE, 2 usb ports (PERFECT) If I have a chromebook can I look at videos sent from this unit? I have wireless and bluetooth on my chromebook.
I just want a place to store the videos and this is great. But I also want a viewer to watch the videos shot from my mavic in my campground. Computer or tab. phone is too small.

Reactions: JBo
We are going on a backpacking trip to southeast asia for 2 month. I asked myself the same question of how to backup my photos and videos. I wanted to take my 13inch macbook retina with me first but changed the idea to taking a ipad pro with 128gb and 3 64gb sd cards instead. We only have carry-on luggage with max. of 7kg!

I bought the lightning sd adapter to import everything as a backup while keeping all footage on the sd cards. I think that the storage is enough for our 2 month trip.

To my surprise, the 4k import from the mavic to my ipad pro with the adapter works flawlessly!

If you use an iPhone with enough storage you can also import the 4k footage but cant play it, but still have a backup.

I hope that gives you an idea.

This is the perfect unit for me, I have decided. I think I can play to my chromebook. Would anyone know if this is correct? I am new to chromebook.

I love this unit but the problem I see is I can not connect via wire to my computer. (MY MISTAKE, 2 usb ports (PERFECT) If I have a chromebook can I look at videos sent from this unit? I have wireless and bluetooth on my chromebook.
I just want a place to store the videos and this is great. But I also want a viewer to watch the videos shot from my mavic in my campground. Computer or tab. phone is too small.
Amazon.com: NVIDIA SHIELD K1 8" Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories
8" android tablet with a Micro sd slot and mini HDMI out.

I use my NVidea tablet to watch the video. Like Squamer suggested, get some extra sd cards for storage.

The biggest problem you will face is how to recharge your devices. Oh, and flying RC aircraft is not permitted in US National Parks.:(

Yes not permitted unless you take off and land outside the National Park. Is my understanding. Anyway lots of land between the parks we are going to do the flying and videos.

Just go my Mavic and have flown 5 times. I am going to be very careful not to break laws, fly over large lakes and fly in heavily wooded areas. I am a very conservative pilot. Learned that from my private pilot days.

Reactions: RC5728 and Fplvert
Question please. First I love the unit you recommended 2nd. Can I play my videos on my chromebook from this unit

I guess it should work as long as your device has WIFI. The WD unit creates his own wifi network where you connect to watch your files.
I have the 2 TB unit and i can add via USB a 4 TB hard drive. (I have a lot of pics and vids).
It also has an SD card slot and best of all it has a Plex media Server built in ;-)

I thought from what I read you are not allowed to take off/land in U.S. parks. Doesn't say anything about flying in or above. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You cannot launch, land and/or operate it in a national park.
It can interfere with the wildlife and in past occasions they have grounded emergency rescue services and firefighting services because of safety concerns.

Reactions: frankiez
Greetings,

I have a mavic and I want a place to save my videos where I can see them easily and save them. I have a 15 inch chromebook and a 15 inch Asus Windows 10 that I dont want to travel with.

Should I buy a laptop maybe 2/1 13 inch to travel with or is there somehow in my chromebook (has 32 gb) memory. Not sure how I can travel and save my videos and look at them instantly.

Should I buy a portable hardl drive to plug into my chromebook. Where I will be shooting video not always convenient to go on the web or cloud to save.

I am a little computer dumb so any advice on where to store my videos and how to view them out of the back of my pickup or in my tent while camping and also permanent storage.

In sumation, the best place to store my videos from my mavic and the best way to view on either a new laptop with big hard drive or my Chromebook with limited memory.

Thanks for your help and advice
Maybe two 128 GB micro chips? Probably less then $25 each. Then don't record (or keep) everything ... just the stuff you want.

If we're talking about "on the go" and ultimate stability, your best bet is the Samsung T3 SSD drive. Simply perfect.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH