DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsure on where video file is being stored...

epp

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm a bit embarrassed to be posting on my lack of understanding on where files are being stored, either on my RC2 or on my Mavic Air 3. I've been flying since 2019, formerly with a M2Pro and the RC(1). Now, the interface with RC2 is confusing to me. I've inserted SD cards in both the control and the drone, but I'm never sure which device is capturing the video, and in some cases, I'm not sure if the file is going to internal storage, or the card. It's been really frustrating, and I can't seem to find resources that explain the procedure to designate the storage area.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Reactions: Paul Harvey
I'm a bit embarrassed to be posting on my lack of understanding on where files are being stored, either on my RC2 or on my Mavic Air 3. I've been flying since 2019, formerly with a M2Pro and the RC(1). Now, the interface with RC2 is confusing to me. I've inserted SD cards in both the control and the drone, but I'm never sure which device is capturing the video, and in some cases, I'm not sure if the file is going to internal storage, or the card. It's been really frustrating, and I can't seem to find resources that explain the procedure to designate the storage area.
Any and all help is appreciated.
The full-size images are stored on your drone.
The link between the drone and controller does not have enough bandwidth to handle the control signal, providing low resolution video to your screen and to transmit the high resolution images to your controller too.
Any images you might find on the card in your controller are low resolution and aren't much use for anything.
So there's really not much reason to have a card in your controller.

The images saved in the drone will be either on the SD card or the internal storage, according to where you tell the drone to save them in your app settings.
i-7pBVTk5-M.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne