DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I set the warning for remaining battery percentage in RTH mode?

I can't believe they got rid of ability to set a general battery alarm in the Fly app, it makes no sense. I'd also like to be able to write stills to the SD card and motion footage to the 1TB of onboard.
I don't have the Cine version, but my understanding was that ProRes must be recorded on the SSD, but the micro SD card could otherwise be used as on the non-Cine version, recording both stills and video that was not ProRes.

Are you not able to change the location of the recording during flight, such that you change the location of all recording to the microSD card when your ProRes video recording is completed, when you want to record stills?

Reactions: KS-6
I don't have the Cine version, but my understanding was that ProRes must be recorded on the SSD, but the micro SD card could otherwise be used as on the non-Cine version, recording both stills and video that was not ProRes.

Are you not able to change the location of the recording during flight, such that you change the location of all recording to the microSD card when your ProRes video recording is completed, when you want to record stills?

This is strictly about taking advantage of two storage areas like having dual card slots on DSLR / mirrorless bodies. For example, in my Z9 I will have the camera write stills to one card and video to another. Obviously ProRes can only be sent to the internal SSD but it would be nice to send all video content to that storage and then stills on the micro SD.

I highly doubt the drone's CPU can do that but it does not hurt to wish for it.

This is strictly about taking advantage of two storage areas like having dual card slots on DSLR / mirrorless bodies. For example, in my Z9 I will have the camera write stills to one card and video to another. Obviously ProRes can only be sent to the internal SSD but it would be nice to send all video content to that storage and then stills on the micro SD.

I highly doubt the drone's CPU can do that but it does not hurt to wish for it.
Understood, but you didn’t answer my question.

"Are you able to change the location of the recording during flight, such that you change the location of all recording to the microSD card when your ProRes video recording is completed, when you just want to record stills?"

If so, that's your workaround.

Then just switch it back for more ProRes video recording.

Understood, but you didn’t answer my question.

"Are you able to change the location of the recording during flight, such that you change the location of all recording to the microSD card when your ProRes video recording is completed, when you just want to record stills?"

If so, that's your workaround.

Then just switch it back for more ProRes video recording.

Ah, right, that question. Yes you can do that and I will if on motion heavy shoots but not what I feel is ideal.

I’m still just getting to know the drone so I have to dial things in and will play around with settings…

Ah, right, that question. Yes you can do that and I will if on motion heavy shoots but not what I feel is ideal.

I’m still just getting to know the drone so I have to dial things in and will play around with settings…
Lots of things are not ideal, but I usually find there are acceptable workarounds that will still get the job done. Inconvenience is acceptable. It's the things that are impossible without DJI's implementation that are a problem, like the prior incompatibility of the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro, which they fixed yesterday! Now, for $669, you can add a Mini 3 Pro to your kit, and fly it with the venerable RC Pro!

Lots of things are not ideal, but I usually find there are acceptable workarounds that will still get the job done. Inconvenience is acceptable. It's the things that are impossible without DJI's implementation that are a problem, like the prior incompatibility of the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro, which they fixed yesterday! Now, for $669, you can add a Mini 3 Pro to your kit, and fly it with the venerable RC Pro!
Indeed and that is great if one of the controllers goes down.

I have dedicated smart controllers for all my birds including the Mini-3 Pro and I did swap and fly the Mini with the RC Pro and it did fine yesterday upon finishing the FW updates. I found I had to go through too much hoop jumping though to make it a habit so I will relate interchanging controllers to in-a-pinch only as the RC smart controller that came with the Mini has worked perfectly thus far.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Indeed and that is great if one of the controllers goes down.

I have dedicated smart controllers for all my birds including the Mini-3 Pro and I did swap and fly the Mini with the RC Pro and it did fine yesterday upon finishing the FW updates. I found I had to go through too much hoop jumping though to make it a habit so I will relate interchanging controllers to in-a-pinch only as the RC smart controller that came with the Mini has worked perfectly thus far.
I haven't done it yet, since I don't have a Mini 3 Pro yet (I was waiting for RC Pro compatibility), but I believe, once you have actually bound the RC Pro to the Mini 3 Pro, the switching between aircraft on the RC Pro is a 15 second process. It's the repeated switching between the RC Pro and the RC-N1 on any given aircraft that is more complex, because you can only fly 5 times without changing the bound controller, which requires internet access and logging into your account. That part is a lot of hoop jumping, but only needs to be done once, of you want to always use the RC Pro with each aircraft.

I used to be able to set the remaining battery percentage, to trigger the warning for RTH in DJI Go4 settings, for Mavic 2 Pro, and in the DJI Fly app settings for Mavic Air 2S. The default value is 25% I think. Normally I set to 30%, just on the safe side.

Now I have Mavic 3, and if I remember correctly, I was still able to set the remaining battery percentage for RTH warning, before the December firmware/app update. After the update, I can not set the remaining battery percentage for RTH warning. I cannot find this feature in DJI Fly app anymore. Last week I had one flight, the app did not issue any warning, even when remaining battery dropped below 20%. Did DJI remove such feature in the latest firmware/app update?
So I guess this feature wont be coming to the M3. Annoying.
More and more i am finding myself leaning towards hacking(dronehacks) the software to get the 'basic' features we should be able to select for ourselves.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka