DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do the videos live on the CrystalSky 5.5"

ghalleck

Reactions
Hi all,

So My Mavic Pro has a 16 Gb micro card onboard. My CrystalSky has much more room on it. When I record a video, does it live on the micro card (on the Mavic Pro)...or does it reside on the CrystalSky? If NOT on the CrystalSky, is there a way to record it on the CrystalSky instead of the micro card? In essence I am trying to find more Gb storage without having to purchase a higher Gb micro card.

Thanks for the help!

-Greg

Alright. To answer my own question - the media you record lives in two places. On the SD card (on the Mavic Pro) as well as the CrystalSky. When I get the media full message - that is referring to the SD card on the Mavic. I just format the SD card on the Mavic...erasing the videos there...freeing up the memory. This is one method to use if you have a small amount of Gb on the SD card.

Another update...in case someone is searching through this thread. The CrystalSky stores the low res video (720p) in the cache on the Sky. The video that is stored on the Mavic Pro is where the high def stuff lives. If you run out of cache on the Sky doesn't mean you lost the stuff on the Mavic Pro. Error message such as: "Video cache has stopped because there is not enough storage space..." on the Sky doesn't mean your videos stopped recording. Again, they live on the aircraft (SD card)

Here is a great video on cache using the DJI GO 4 app: https://forum.dji.com/thread-137419-1-1.html
Thanks Kloo Gee for the video.

Reactions: Spinulosa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000