DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the menu setting for active track?

Desert Sands

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am so freakin' frustrated.... there are like 2000000000 tube videos on the air 2s... saying.... how to use active track.... and NOT ONE shows how to get to the menu....

This is NOT my first drone.... Also I am familiar with DJI fly from my Mini 2, which does not, alas feature active track.

On my Pro 2... its a breeze.... where in the heck do you enter the active track mode... Yes I know you draw a box around the subject... but How to get to that step is a mystery. I've gone through each and every menu in the fly app, and I just don't see it...
Could someone... anyone... point me to where you access active track on an Air 2s.... please.....

Enabled by default. See DJI Help video at the 6:22 mark
Focus Track

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
Awesome guys, thanks. I did try that yesterday and it didn't work... but today, inexplicably, it works. Who knows I was messing with a bunch of things yesterday so I might have messed something up.

Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.

Joe

You came to the right place for help

I am so freakin' frustrated.... there are like 2000000000 tube videos on the air 2s... saying.... how to use active track.... and NOT ONE shows how to get to the menu....

This is NOT my first drone.... Also I am familiar with DJI fly from my Mini 2, which does not, alas feature active track.

On my Pro 2... its a breeze.... where in the heck do you enter the active track mode... Yes I know you draw a box around the subject... but How to get to that step is a mystery. I've gone through each and every menu in the fly app, and I just don't see it...
Could someone... anyone... point me to where you access active track on an Air 2s.... please.....

Its so trivial, I was searching for it in the menu the other day, then came to know that simply drawing a box in live view mode does the trick. Make sure you are recording when you use Active Track. Mine didn't seem to record my default when I tried it last week, perhaps I may have touched the "stop record" option without noticing ?

Make sure you are recording when you use Active Track. Mine didn't seem to record my default when I tried it last week, perhaps I may have touched the "stop record" option without noticing ?
^^ this. Active Track is not like Quickshots which records automatically: you have to start Active Track, and independently you have to hit record.

Reactions: projectarjun
Awesome guys, thanks. I did try that yesterday and it didn't work... but today, inexplicably, it works. Who knows I was messing with a bunch of things yesterday so I might have messed something up.

Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.

Joe
You need to check in the manual, pretty sure there are camera configurations it won't work with -- resolutions, frame rates, maybe color modes, etc. Not necessarily to hobble performance at the high end, but maybe just to manage finite bandwidth, processing and buffer resources.

For any intelligent flight modes, get used to running a checklist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929