DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

where to fly Devon

sirron

Reactions
can any one tell me where Is good to fly my drone in Devon. am working away and would like to get some nice air

Because it is a National Park and drones are forbidden.
If you can take off outside the Park, then you can fly and land without being stopped.

Because it is a National Park and drones are forbidden.
If you can take off outside the Park, then you can fly and land without being stopped.

Its not forbidden in all national parts.
The national trust is the drone gestapo and try to claim you cant fly from OR over but they cant stop flying over. And their land usually has public roads and common land going through it.

Devon has some fairly stunning coastal scenery to fly around if you can get the weather.

Hi all

I'm currently waiting delivery of my first drone, a Mavic Air. Doing a bit of research while I wait and came across this forum. A bit disconcerting to find out that Dartmoor is a no go, and National Trust land!

The Air is designed to be discreet. Has anyone had any issues from anyone when flying theirs? I really didn't think I was going to be so limited for flying locations!

I'm in Tiverton by the way

Nice.
I was in Devon and Cornwall a few weeks ago and while I can’t tell you where to fly you are spoilt for beautiful scenery. Have fun with your new Mavic

J

Hi Primalcarl, I'm tiverton based, have you found suitable places to fly?
I'm interested as having concerns about flying in most areas!

can any one tell me where Is good to fly my drone in Devon. am working away and would like to get some nice air
Hi sirron,just seen this post i live in paignton,there are plenty of places to fly,coastland and have found a great place for sunday mornings,look up and google daymarker at the mouth of the dart.i find as long as your trying to be discreet and tuck yourself out of the way people either ignore it or are interested.good luck

Hi guys,
Also based in South Devon and awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Air.
I too had thought of the Day mark as a possible place for a maiden voyage. There are some nice spots around there which are pretty quiet.

Anyone had any problems flying in 2018?

I live on the Bere Peninsula (between the rivers Tamar and Tavy) in between Tavistock and Plymouth. There are plenty scenic places to fly around here especially if you don't mind flying over water or mud if the tides out.

Hi there!

I live in Totnes, I fly quite often at Slapton Sands. Be aware tho there is a nudest section at one end and the nature reserve on the inland side of the road but if you stick to the beach you should be good. In-fact there are quite a few good spots along that bit of coastline.

Happy flying!

Hi there!

I live in Totnes, I fly quite often at Slapton Sands. Be aware tho there is a nudest section at one end and the nature reserve on the inland side of the road but if you stick to the beach you should be good. In-fact there are quite a few good spots along that bit of coastline.

Happy flying!
Thanks will try that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS