DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly in Colorado

Reactions
Hello!

I'll be heading to Colorado in a few weeks. I'll be making a loop from Denver down to Colorado Springs, the Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde, Gran Junction, Mt Sherman, Maroon Bells, Leadville, Estes Park and a bunch of other places in between. Is not given that National Parks are out of the question. It would be great if you can share a few of your favorite, legal, places to fly your drone. I'm definitely spending a lot more time out in nature and skipping most of Denver and Colorado Springs. Definitely very excited for this trip, I appreciate any tips!

No drones in National and State Parks.

Each of the places you wish to visit are great places to fly drone. The down side is, of course, in Federal Parks . . . NO, except designated fly areas. Same for the state parks. Wildlife areas are questionable, as some places acceptable as long as not used in conjunction for hunting.
Here is a link that can help get you going in the right direction:Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Regardless of outcome, there are still many wonderful places to visit and drone. Check online resources, and perhaps phone calls, before you go.

I was recently in Bachelor Gulch, just outside of Vail, at the Ritz Carlton. I asked the valet about places to fly and he said just walk up one of the ski trail service roads and fly from there. I did it early morning before too many people were out and got some great footage. A few people walked past but didn't seem to care or notice.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
I was recently in Bachelor Gulch, just outside of Vail, at the Ritz Carlton. I asked the valet about places to fly and he said just walk up one of the ski trail service roads and fly from there. I did it early morning before too many people were out and got some great footage. A few people walked past but didn't seem to care or notice.

I for one would love to see examples of your videos/photos? I love Colorado.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett