DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly in Cumbria?

Mufc1983

Reactions
Hello all,
Im looking into buying a Dji mini 2 drone. I live in Cumbria near the lakes so was hoping to catch some photos and videos from the area. I'm now been put off because everywhere I was looking to film seems to be national trust owned. Does anyone know anywhere in the area which isn't owned by them and would be good? Silloth sea front is somewhere I like and also Allonby.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not from the UK, and I'm sure one of your locals will be along shortly to give assistance, but my understanding is that the National Trust property is similar to our National Parks here in the US. They can regulate whether you are allowed to take off, operate, or land from their property. But they can't regulate the airspace above the property. So it is legal to fly from outside their property boundaries and fly over them. As long as you still follow all other regulations; i.e. VLOS, flying over people, etc.

Reactions: Mufc1983
Hello all,
Im looking into buying a Dji mini 2 drone. I live in Cumbria near the lakes so was hoping to catch some photos and videos from the area. I'm now been put off because everywhere I was looking to film seems to be national trust owned. Does anyone know anywhere in the area which isn't owned by them and would be good? Silloth sea front is somewhere I like and also Allonby.
You can fly over National trust property just follow the Drone code.
National Trust do not want, and do not allow you to take off and land on their property.
So, take-off and land from land which is not National Trust property. Then fly over.

You probably cannot use a metal detector as well on National Trust property.
See this link on what you can and cannot do on Crown Property.

Silloth sea front and Allonby
Use the foreshore.

Last edited:
I met my wife in Ambleside when we were young backpackers.

Magnificent country, would be spectacular viewing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S