DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly Mavic 3

Mavic3RCPro

Reactions
So, I’m trying to figure out which are the best (and allowed) spots for flying my Mavic 3, as I travel around.

Photographers have such a database at ShotHotSpot.com
Here, you can search by type of scenery on a map and see many examples of others’ photo ventures. It’s very helpful.

What about us droners? If you know of such a sImilar database, please let me know. Thanks.

1st time drone pilot?

The Fly App will check your airspace (it's built in)
Airmap is an app you can use as well as UAV Forecast and the FAA has an app B4UFLy. Don't forget to check local, state, and federal laws too....

Reactions: zeusfl
Rather than just the legalities, I think he's looking for a database of items of interest to drone users across the country. There isn't one that's kept current. Here, we have regional discussion boards but they're not very active.

Try searching for drone photographers on Youtube in the area you'll be traveling to - usually there are several and you can get a good list of targets. Even in the small town in Kentucky where I'm currently working (a LONG way from my home in LA), I found dozens of sites within an hour drive.

1st time drone pilot?

The Fly App will check your airspace (it's built in)
Airmap is an app you can use as well as UAV Forecast and the FAA has an app B4UFLy. Don't forget to check local, state, and federal laws too....
Thanks. I use the Fly app, and also B4UFly routinely. But I’m looking for scenic spots that one can search in a database based on one’s interest, such as is available for photographers at ShotHotSpot.com

For example, I wanted to drone-video around abandoned buildings yesterday, so I had to go about it the long way: find abandoned buildings using ShotHotSpot.com and then, search through them individually, because half of them were in heavy residential districts and flying there is a no-no. And then, when I located a couple of really great spots, I thought, wouldn’t it be great if (1) I could have homed in on them quickly and (2) I could also let others know if they wanted to explore places like this?

Rather than just the legalities, I think he's looking for a database of items of interest to drone users across the country. There isn't one that's kept current. Here, we have regional discussion boards but they're not very active.

Try searching for drone photographers on Youtube in the area you'll be traveling to - usually there are several and you can get a good list of targets. Even in the small town in Kentucky where I'm currently working (a LONG way from my home in LA), I found dozens of sites within an hour drive.
Thanks, you really understood what I was looking for. So thank you for being so insightful.

I tried your suggestion for my current location, but mostly found realtor drone videographers.

I also tried AMA club members (through their club directories) in this area, but, at least at my current location, it seems they’re mostly interested in flying in their club fields and haven’t ventured out farther than that.

I’m hoping to find a database similar to ShotHotSpot.com, but for drone videographers.

Reactions: thispilothere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078