DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to put faa license number and phone number on my Mini 3?

I use these on most of my newer model Drones.
They're from DecalGirl, and they look great with any skins that you may have previously applied, since they're clear backed.
Easily reusable, low cost, and you get 6 decals, each, of 3 different colors- White, Black, and Silver.
Here's a link:

I can confirm that the phone # labels work. Had my P4P returned the following day after a (pilot) flyaway in a hurricane. Label offered a reward and ph# which the finder, (5 mi away), didn’t want but I paid anyway ($25). Cheapest insurance you can buy. It now has a new owner that is enjoying the same eye in the sky experience.
Mark it .. or lose it.!

If the original drone is registered under a Recreational Flyer Account, then every drone not used for a commercial operation may be registered in the same account and all those drones will have the same registration number, I have 6-drone registered under my Recreational account and only one under my Part 107 account. All he has to do is log onto FAADroneZone, go to manage account and click on ADD DEVICE to add a drone…
I just went to the FAA site and you are correct. All of my drones are registered under the same number. I guess this makes sense.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I use Polyester labels (tear-proof and weather-proof). They are literally indestructible.
They have InkJet and Laser in various sizes. Usually sold by the sheet. Various vendors, so I wont plug anyone in particular.

Reactions: tahoejeff
Not sure if one FAA Registration number from your Spark would be the same number for a different drone. Actually, I'm positive you need to register the new drone separately and you will receive a number dedicated to only that drone. There's no switching of registration numbers amongst different drones.
When you register as a Recreational Flyer you only have 1 FAA number and it can be used on multiple drones, even ones over the 250g limit. With that said, as a 107 pilot, I register all my drones with their own FAA Number, just because I may use my Mini 3 Pro to earn money.

Drohnen.de has absolutely the best tags and they're sized for your drone.
The tag has room for 3 lines. When I got EASA certified I bought new tags for all my drones including Mini 3 Pro.
The three lines hold my FAA, my EU Operator ID and my phone #
EU-Drohnenkennzeichen-Plakette-eID-shop-kaufen.jpg

I use the Brother P-Touch Label Maker/Tape:

1682869681595.png

The labels are plastic/water proof.

Last edited:
I use the Brother P-Touch Label Maker/Tape:

View attachment 163431

The labels are plastic/water proof.
Most folks, including myself, recommend not showing your full FAA number... Protect it like your SS Number or your credit card number...

I recommend editing your post and take the photo down, black out part of the number, using Microsoft Paint, and repost the edited photo...

• Wow
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Most folks, including myself, recommend not showing your full FAA number... Protect it like your SS Number or your credit card number...

I recommend editing your post and take the photo down, black out part of the number, using Microsoft Paint, and repost the edited photo...
Just curious what potential issues you are referring to.. I 100% agree to always keep personal info personal, +1 lol.
What problems could occur in this situation?

Just curious what potential issues you are referring to.. I 100% agree to always keep personal info personal, +1 lol.
What problems could occur in this situation?
That FAA Number is uniquely yours. And I as well as others who have posted warnings over the years do not want that number out on the internet for the whole world to know and possibly use nefariously...

But if someone who wants to remain anonymous or just not bother registering their drone might say, "hey, that's a good number..." and if they use your number and they get in trouble, or causes damage and abandons the drone it has your "Number" on it... is like a stolen ID...

Perhaps I am just a worry wart, but to each their own... It was just a heads up, make what you want of it....

Here is a postings I created about a year ago...

Any case, Fly Safe

I placed mine right on the top of the drone. I know it doesn't do much for the aesthetics but it is very apparent. I used a brother printer and clear tape. It looks real good.

That FAA Number is uniquely yours. And I as well as others who have posted warnings over the years do not want that number out on the internet for the whole world to know and possibly use nefariously...

But if someone who wants to remain anonymous or just not bother registering their drone might say, "hey, that's a good number..." and if they use your number and they get in trouble, or causes damage and abandons the drone it has your "Number" on it... is like a stolen ID...

Perhaps I am just a worry wart, but to each their own... It was just a heads up, make what you want of it....

Here is a postings I created about a year ago...

Any case, Fly Safe
I understand. I figured as much. Just like a SS number or anything else. +1

Not posting that information online keeps honest people honest. ;)

Reactions: LoudThunder
PLUS 1000 for Pilot Institute. I needed a new one and had misplaced my set I received from them. Sent an e-mail and received another set within days. They send a set with several different colors. Very nice.

I just got my set from Pilot Institute today - they are as nice as they sound. Much thanks to @pilotinstitute for the FREE stickers!

Suggestions where to put faa license and phone number on my Mini 3? I did search the forums and didn't find any help. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
It looks like I could put a small sticker on the side of the chassis, but it would quickly become smudged and ugly if it becomes damp.
For 250g and over, where are the preferred places to put the stickers.

Last edited:
For 250g and over, where are the preferred places to put the stickers.
There are only 2-considerations to the location of the label; one legal, the label must be visible from an external examination. Meaning you cannot put it inside the drone, not inside the battery compartment, not inside the body, and not under the battery, it must be visible when held up for examination.

The other consideration is not legal, but ascetics, where does it look good, or at least where does it look the least offensive…

I use the FREE Pilot Institute Labels. They are Professionally made and they look good, they come in various colors so you might be able to keep your "color scheme" coherent…

In the following link, I have included another link I posted a while back with included information and photos… My labels are installed on the Left Side, between the front and rear arms and they are barely discernable…

Some folks use a marker pen, some use a label maker, and some just use a scrap piece of paper stuck on the drone with scotch tape. All are legal as long as all required information is on the label and legible. A weather-worn, faded and smudged label will not hack it…

Reactions: tahoejeff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13