DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to put faa license number and phone number on my Mini 3?

tahoejeff

Reactions
Suggestions where to put faa license and phone number on my Mini 3? I did search the forums and didn't find any help.
It looks like I could put a small sticker on the side of the chassis, but it would quickly become smudged and ugly if it becomes damp.

Last edited:
Why and FCC license and phone number?

Reactions: LoudThunder
Suggestions where to put fcc license and phone number on my Mini 3? I did search the forums and didn't find any help.
It looks like I could put a small sticker on the side of the chassis, but it would quickly become smudged and ugly if it becomes damp.

I think you mean FAA registration number as well as your phone number.

The registration number has to be in a location that can be seen clearly without having to look for it, or use tools. If you want to put a phone number there as well (not required), just put it in the same place.

If you don't want to buy a sticker with your numbers on it, and are worried about it getting damp or smudged, just place clear packing tape over it.

Why and FCC license and phone number?
Well, phone number in case it comes down somewhere unexpected and a stranger finds it. The FAA number I already have from my Spark, so figured I might as well put it on my Mini as well.
Editing my post now, to change FCC to FAA. ;-)

For the FAA number put it were the FAA instructed when you registered. Phone number could go in the battery compartment along with duplicate FAA number. You could also add identification information as a text file on the drone SD card.

Well, phone number in case it comes down somewhere unexpected and a stranger finds it. The FAA number I already have from my Spark, so figured I might as well put it on my Mini as well.
Editing my post now, to change FCC to FAA. ;-)
Not sure if one FAA Registration number from your Spark would be the same number for a different drone. Actually, I'm positive you need to register the new drone separately and you will receive a number dedicated to only that drone. There's no switching of registration numbers amongst different drones.

I’ve bought custom labels for all my drones from “Reclaim Drone”. I then attach them on the arms usually.

They also sell hard plastic cards for your registrations and trust.

Unrelated I also put my phone number, address, and in some cases what media outlet I am working for (if I am using equipment owned by an employer) in a .txt file on each card I use in every device I own.

Last edited:
Not sure if one FAA Registration number from your Spark would be the same number for a different drone. Actually, I'm positive you need to register the new drone separately and you will receive a number dedicated to only that drone. There's no switching of registration numbers amongst different drones.
Here's a reference.

@tahoejeff, check with The Pilot Institute to see if they're still offering free labels for drones. They're great labels and there's no issue with smudging. Check out their course offerings, both free and paid. They a great source of no-nonsense, well-presented learning resources.

Here's a reference.

@tahoejeff, check with The Pilot Institute to see if they're still offering free labels for drones. They're great labels and there's no issue with smudging. Check out their course offerings, both free and paid. They a great source of no-nonsense, well-presented learning resources.

I just ordered some today so it appears they still are - I haven't received them yet, but all the pieces still appear to be in place.

Here is the link:

A second for the learning resources from the Pilot Institute- well produced and very informative.

I have a Brother label maker and put mine on each side, just like my manned aircraft has. Phone numbers are on my batteries. On registration numbers, my understanding is one covers all for non-Part 107 drones but once Part 107 comes into play, each drone gets registered separately and gets its own number. If I misunderstand, I welcome the correction.

If your recreational, I thick you can register up to five (5) drones under the same FAA number.

I’ve bought custom labels for all my drones from “Reclaim Drone”. I then attach them on the arms usually.

Unrelated I also put my phone number, address, and in some cases what media outlet I am working for (if I am using equipment used by an employer) in a .txt file on each card I use in every device I own.
Those do look nice. Thanks! Now will have to research if I should apply for a new number, since there seems to be some disagreement on here for recreational.

Not sure if one FAA Registration number from your Spark would be the same number for a different drone.
If the original drone is registered under a Recreational Flyer Account, then every drone not used for a commercial operation may be registered in the same account and all those drones will have the same registration number, I have 6-drone registered under my Recreational account and only one under my Part 107 account. All he has to do is log onto FAADroneZone, go to manage account and click on ADD DEVICE to add a drone…

Last edited:
Suggestions where to put faa license and phone number on my Mini 3? I did search the forums and didn't find any help.
If you have registered your Drone, Pilot Institute still offers Free Labels for your drone… And even if you have not registered your drone, make a label, even if it's just a sticky with Scotch Tape over it and put your phone number on it. If it flies away or gets stuck in a tree and falls down when you are not there, give the finder a chance to return it…

Free FAA Drone Registration Stickers - Pilot Institute

As for where to put the label, it simply has to be externally visible, don't put it under the battery… Here is where I put mine on the side…

number.png

If your recreational, I thick you can register up to five (5) drones under the same FAA number.
If you're recreational, you can register as many drones as you want with the same number. Under 44809 (the recreational exception), you're registering yourself as the drone owner, so you are putting your number on the drones.

r/c folks can have 100 or more UAS, and they put the same number on all of them.

Unrelated I also put my phone number, address, and in some cases what media outlet I am working for (if I am using equipment used by an employer) in a .txt file on each card I use in every device I own.
Great idea, with the .txt file!
I'm going to start utilizing that, from now on.
Thanks for sharing that. 👍

Great idea, with the .txt file!
I'm going to start utilizing that, from now on.
Thanks for sharing that. 👍
just remember to reinstall that after you format the card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman