DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to Sell My Mini 2?

It depends on where you are. Where I live, ebay is required to collect the sales tax from the buyer. Apparently, that's the case in most tax jurisdictions.

"If you sell to buyers in the US, some jurisdictions may require you to collect applicable Internet Sales Tax on your transactions. As of July 1, 2021 a total of 46 jurisdictions require the collection of sales tax. In such cases, eBay collects and remits Internet Sales Tax on your behalf."
Ok let me help you out here.
In most places ebay charges the sales tax.
The seller never has to pay the sales tax and ebay will never charge sales tax to the seller no matter what state you live in.
In places where sales tax is charged, the buyer will see the sales tax added to his purchase and the buyer will have no choice but to pay this when completing the transaction.
Ebay will collect the tax and remit it; nothing for the seller to do.

When you sell stuff on ebay, you pay the ebay fees; that's all. As the seller, never pay the sales tax.
Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Ok let me help you out here.
In most places ebay charges the sales tax.
The seller never has to pay the sales tax and ebay will never charge sales tax to the seller no matter what state you live in.
In places where sales tax is charged, the buyer will see the sales tax added to his purchase and the buyer will have no choice but to pay this when completing the transaction.
Ebay will collect the tax and remit it; nothing for the seller to do.

When you sell stuff on ebay, you pay the ebay fees; that's all. As the seller, never pay the sales tax.
Correct me if I am wrong, please.
Per the reference in message #20.

"If you sell to buyers in the US, some jurisdictions may require you to collect applicable Internet Sales Tax on your transactions. As of July 1, 2021 a total of 46 jurisdictions require the collection of sales tax. In such cases, eBay collects and remits Internet Sales Tax on your behalf."

Example from my account record:

Screenshot 2023-07-12 171309.jpg

Per the reference in message #20.

When I sell stuff on ebay, I collect $0 sales tax and I pay $0 sales tax when my transaction completes. The buyer pays the sales tax, eBay collects the sales tax, eBay remits the sales tax on my (seller) behalf.

Reactions: FLDave
When I sell stuff on ebay, I collect $0 sales tax and I pay $0 sales tax when my transaction completes. The buyer pays the sales tax, eBay collects the sales tax, eBay remits the sales tax on my (seller) behalf.
If it was that way where I live, I'd continue to use ebay. I'm in one of those "some jurisdictions" that ebay mentions that requires ebay to collect taxes from the seller.

If it was that way where I live, I'd continue to use ebay. I'm in one of those "some jurisdictions" that ebay mentions that requires ebay to collect taxes from the seller.
So if I buy something from your ebay address that ships from MS, I won't see any sales tax listed on my purchase from where I live out of state? If you sell a drone for $400 and I win the auction, I pay $400 and that's it?

So if I buy something from your ebay address that ships from MS, I won't see any sales tax listed on my purchase from where I live out of state? If you sell a drone for $400 and I win the auction, I pay $400 and that's it?
That's the way it's been working. I posted a summary of a typical transaction in an earlier post.

That's the way it's been working. I posted a summary of a typical transaction in an earlier post.
I saw that but I'm not asking about the summary; I'm asking about what the seller has paid. It's say so right in the order details, can you check and see the total amount the seller has paid?

Just so you know, I just tried to buy something from a seller in MS (I'm not in MS) and just before I hit the pay for it button, I am being charged sales tax. Is it possible both sides are paying sales tax? I'm asking because if there are states which I can buy from to avoid the sales tax, I'm more than happy.

Looking further, it appears that ebay does collect sales tax from the buyer, which makes perfect sense. The summary page and some of the text on the ebay site are somewhat misleading and confusing. In any case, I've not been using ebay for quite a while.

This seems to be a pretty good description of the state-by-state situation. Per Ben Franklin, nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
Thanks for all your advice, it turns out I sold my drone to another forum member. Actually this is a good place, as members know about drones and are educated consumers which makes for a smooth transaction.

Also the trust is here more too, with member postings, # of posts and subject matter, to reveal genuine folk.
I agree, this forum is not like a lot of other forums where you really need to be careful with those others "forums." I wouldn't cashapp or venmo out of principle but paypal is perfectly fine.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
John and I did the deal. Everything was as described, and the drone worked flawlessly.
After a few hours on my Air 2 s charger using the USB output, ,all batteries were fully charged. None had more than 6 cycles. I couldn't get them past 75% with the included charger, probably due to lack of use but all 's well that ends well.
It was a pleasure dealing with John," Dr Sparky" and it bolstered my belief that most people are good and honest.
I will be using the Mini 2 on our 5 overseas trips in the coming year. If I survive the travel (lol)

Reactions: MS Coast
While both Bob and I were aware of the risks in the transaction, the forum really helped. Just reading Bob's posts I knew him to be quite a serious photographer, well traveled and wanting the ability to add an under 250 g drone to his arsenal.
It was clear neither of us had bad intentions and as Bob said everything worked out perfectly.
The forum really brings people together in rewarding ways.
I look forward to seeing some of the images he captures on his photography website soon.

Reactions: MS Coast
While both Bob and I were aware of the risks in the transaction, the forum really helped. Just reading Bob's posts I knew him to be quite a serious photographer, well traveled and wanting the ability to add an under 250 g drone to his arsenal.
It was clear neither of us had bad intentions and as Bob said everything worked out perfectly.
The forum really brings people together in rewarding ways.
I look forward to seeing some of the images he captures on his photography website soon.
Excellent, glad you have made this observation as well. I've had similar success here as well. This forum makes it easy to give you an idea of what sort of risk your transaction will be involved with. Nevertheless, it bears repeating that you be aware of the warnings that are posted and personally in my opinion, you should never cashapp or venmo to anyone under any circumstances.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor