DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to Sell My Mini 2?

Dr.Sparky

Reactions
Bought a Mini 2 from a person that flew it less than 10 times, without incident. The complete kit, drone, controller, case, 3 batteries, charging block, cables, charging block, etc. all in original box. I have flown it only a few times myself.
I now own a Mini 3 (another story) as a family gift to me for a birthday.
I certainly don't need 2 drones and don't know where to sell the Mini 2.
I am in a somewhat rural area and the market for drones here is pretty soft.
I am looking for advice as to where to sell it and not get scammed. I plan on asking $400, as it's in perfect condition and has a few months of warranty remaining.

Bought a Mini 2 from a person that flew it less than 10 times, without incident. The complete kit, drone, controller, case, 3 batteries, charging block, cables, charging block, etc. all in original box. I have flown it only a few times myself.
I am looking for advice as to where to sell it and not get scammed. I plan on asking $400, as it's in perfect condition and has a few months of warranty remaining.
You could try listing it in the Classified section here...
Or, Local Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace.
Since you say your area is pretty soft, I'd say you would have a much greater chance of selling by listing it here.

Reactions: Dronecation
Got any pictures? considering getting something for my nephew. u can PM me.

E-bay is also a possibility but they take a hefty commission. Go on e-bay to see what the going asking prices are for the mini 2.

Dale
Miami

eBay is where I sold my Mavic 2 Enterprise drone setup about sixteen months ago. The posting, bidding, sale and tranfer of my drone and money in my bank account went without a hitch.

Reactions: Capt. Quirk
eBay is where I sold my Mavic 2 Enterprise drone setup about sixteen months ago. The posting, bidding, sale and tranfer of my drone and money in my bank account went without a hitch.
Totally agree. E-bay is the place for you to go! I have sold lots of stuff on e-bay. You are protected from scamming, and bad actors. It is worth the commission for me. They will sell a a shipping label for a reduced fee from places like UPS or USPS. You can go to e-bay and look up your item to get an idea of the going asking price.

Dale

I'll buy it for $400, You are likely to get more if you allow bidding and set your low at $400
but I agree E -bay is a good bet. I have been a e-bayer for 20+ years with 100% positive feedback. Photos, and don't leave anything out of the description
Just make sure you remove it from your account otherwise the buyer can't register it.
Just list it , Ill bid . FYI the e bay commission is 8%
Good luck

BTW if you list it, Give us a clue in your listing with a "Phrase or code " and post it on this forum,so we will know its your listing. I'll check it daily and look for your listing.

I'll by it for $350 + shipping and pay you via secure PayPal. PM me if interested.

$ 350 is a steal, but may be worth it to you..... I'm sure you would sell it for more on e-bay but after commission and shipping it might be about the same.
The Mini 2 is a great drone . I don't really need one I fly the 2s, but traveling by air or overseas your better off with a sub 250g drone.
List it and you will sell it.

Totally agree. E-bay is the place for you to go! I have sold lots of stuff on e-bay. You are protected from scamming, and bad actors. It is worth the commission for me. They will sell a a shipping label for a reduced fee from places like UPS or USPS. You can go to e-bay and look up your item to get an idea of the going asking price.

Dale
eBay sucks

Yes but please offer a safer alternative and I’ll grab it
I dont know about safe. The only time I had a buyer attempt to burn me was on eBay. Paypal saved that one though. And with eBay charges, you can't really recoup those from the buyer. Yeah, they do offer reduced shipping labels. 😏
Alternatives? Let's say I have some used camera gear I want to buy or sell. I would go to a website where the market is high with buyers and sellers of camera gear. Nikonians, Fredmiranda..etc. Most people who buy from them have a good reputation and buy and sell there a lot. Drones? Why not put in classified here?
If its just household items etc... Craigslist, or any local online garage sale site, is still a viable alternative with no shipping and cash sales. I never use it, but Facebook Marketplace is another where you can do local cash sale. eBay would be my last resort.
Just my opinion.

BTW if you list it, Give us a clue in your listing with a "Phrase or code " and post it on this forum,so we will know its your listing. I'll check it daily and look for your listing.
Sorry I hadn't checked the site for a while and didn't see your messages. I would be willing to sell it for $400 and split the shipping costs. It's not bound and is in absolutely perfect condition. Do you know of a way we can both be protected and avoid eBay commission? I too have 100% positive feedback on eBay since 2003 but really don't want to pay an extra 8%.

Sorry I hadn't checked the site for a while and didn't see your messages. I would be willing to sell it for $400 and split the shipping costs. It's not bound and is in absolutely perfect condition. Do you know of a way we can both be protected and avoid eBay commission? I too have 100% positive feedback on eBay since 2003.
I'll buy it for $400, You are likely to get more if you allow bidding and set your low at $400
but I agree E -bay is a good bet. I have been a e-bayer for 20+ years with 100% positive feedback. Photos, and don't leave anything out of the description
Just make sure you remove it from your account otherwise the buyer can't register it.
Good luck
Here is a link to my Craigslist local listing. It has a description and photos.

Sorry I hadn't checked the site for a while and didn't see your messages. I would be willing to sell it for $400 and split the shipping costs. It's not bound and is in absolutely perfect condition. Do you know of a way we can both be protected and avoid eBay commission? I too have 100% positive feedback on eBay since 2003.

Here is a link to my Craigslist local listing. It has a description and photos.

Good luck

I've also used ebay for 20+ years with good experiences. But their fees have increased substantially. Ebay now lists selling fees as 13.25% of the cost up to $7500 plus $0.30. And they collect state and local sales taxes. So, the actual cost of selling on ebay is around 20% for most locations.

When I sold a Mini 2 back in 2020, I netted $320 from a $400 sale price. Similar situation for the Air 2. So, when it came time to part with the Mavic 3 a couple of weeks ago, I listed it on the classified section of this forum a couple.

I've also used ebay for 20+ years with good experiences. But their fees have increased substantially. Ebay now lists selling fees as 13.25% of the cost up to $7500 plus $0.30. And they collect state and local sales taxes. So, the actual cost of selling on ebay is around 20% for most locations.

When I sold a Mini 2 back in 2020, I netted $320 from a $400 sale price. Similar situation for the Air 2. So, when it came time to part with the Mavic 3 a couple of weeks ago, I listed it on the classified section of this forum a couple.
Yes Ebay charges tax but the seller doesn't have to pay that, correct?

Yes Ebay charges tax but the seller doesn't have to pay that, correct?
It depends on where you are. Where I live, ebay is required to collect the sales tax from the buyer. Apparently, that's the case in most tax jurisdictions.

"If you sell to buyers in the US, some jurisdictions may require you to collect applicable Internet Sales Tax on your transactions. As of July 1, 2021 a total of 46 jurisdictions require the collection of sales tax. In such cases, eBay collects and remits Internet Sales Tax on your behalf."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13