DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which App?

TheParaPilot

Reactions
Hi Folks, so what app do i need to fly the MA2? is it DJI Fly or can I still operate on DJI Go 4, it's just that Ive tried downloading the FLY app and it says my Samsung Tab tablet isn't compatible? agggghhhhhh barriers already!!!!

The MA2 uses the Fly app. Sounds like your tablet is just not compatible. Compatible devices should be 64bit and have at least 3GB of ram.

For comparison, I have a new 10" Lenovo tablet that's definitely not on the approved list but has 64bits and 4GB RAM. I was able to download the Fly app via the round-about way (not Google Play) but flights are pretty buggy versus using my Samsung A51 phone which also is not on the list. The in-flight live video feed is super-laggy even in Smooth mode and sometimes, the screen is black or green when I first turn everything on. So I recommend flying with an approved tablet or phone.

Yeah, drones can be a money pit.

If you need to upgrade, maybe look for a refirb iPad mini 4 or even 5, they work great . . . DJI seems to work in better with apple stuff, they may have a better working relationship than the various android manufacturers, but of course a lot of android devices will work as good (watch the power drain though !).

You must have a mount (using the stock controller ?) as nothing much bigger than a phone fits the MA2 controller arm ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB